What's your dream guitar

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by musicman100, Mar 11, 2018.

1. captainmur

captainmur Electromatic

Sep 7, 2017
    Germany
    @musicman100
    Wow !!! What's a killer !
    As fan of orange guitars "I'm dazed and confused" © LZ :)

2. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    These are my dream guitars. Maybe the Jet slightly more than the Penguin, though I play the Penguin more often. The perfect blend of a Les Paul, ES335 and Tele, but better in a lot of aspects with more Gretsch mojo and exclusivity. Only around 50 made of each. I don't think that there are more than a handful in the world that owns both.

IMG_0723.jpg

3. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    england
    Ha ha. Thanks.
    You like orange guitars do you?
    Just had a couple out this afternoon for a jam. 20180313_153216.jpg

4. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    england
    Hi. Its my hand made jim english esquire.
    Heres some better pictures.
    I'm lucky enough to have a few decent guitars but this one I feel honour to own n in my opinion it's 20180313_152907.jpg one of the best chet guitars you could wish to own. DSC_0008.jpg D9849616-5BA0-4E83-81A9-E2D107601A18.jpg

Trash Kidd and captainmur like this.
  5. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    I havnt found it yet. I want to think it would be a Pro Line of some description, but they are few and far between to actually try out in person. It took me 4-5 years to find a 5120 that I bonded with, then the next year out came the replacements with the blacktops, lol. I still like my 5120 tho. I’ve always thought the dream one would be a hollowbody, but I’ve never played a real Jet and I’d like to.

I have some free air miles to take advantage of this summer, one flights worth. I plan on going somewhere with a large selection. I could get to Sweetwater practically free, Streetsounds would cost me a little, mainly for expenses on the ground in NYC. I’ll prob go out west this year anyway so I could stop by Wildwood.
    If you was me, would you spend the extra cash to go to NYC?

I’m not even 100% sure my dream guitar would be a Gretsch, tho I’d like it to be. A nice Jazzmaster is also very appealing to me. There’s also the possibility of that “perfect” Tele or Strat showing up unexpectedly.

6. afire

afire Country Gent

Being perpetually unable to choose a favorite between Filter'Trons and DeArmonds, I have two favorites - '59 Country Gentleman and '55 6120. I can't afford to own both of them, so I'll go with the one I don't have. '55 6120.

[​IMG]

Trash Kidd and JC higgy like this.
  7. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Next time you're up here, I'll bring it over for a visit.

8. Daktari9

Daktari9 Gretschie

Dec 17, 2010
    Australia
    IMG_3082.jpg

I bought my dream guitar recently Penguin SS Custom shop colour lime green tv classics,Plays, feels and sounds like no other guitar Ive owned.

9. rot hodder

rot hodder Electromatic

Feb 6, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Like others I already have my dream guitar in a Setzer Hot Rod but if I was going to add something else
    I probably couldn't go past a Ric 331LS (the Lightshow).

JC higgy likes this.
  10. afire

afire Country Gent

I've had the pleasure of playing a few Custom Shop Jets. I'm a dyed in the wool vintage Gretsch lover, but I'll admit that the CS guitars, Jets in particular, are fantastic. When you say it "feels and sounds like no other," that makes perfect sense to me. CS Gretsches are something special. They capture the incomparable feel of vintage Gretsches, but with perfect quality control so you don't have to seek out a winner. Enjoy it.

11. Mal Belford

Mal Belford Gretschie

Apr 4, 2016
    Sweden
    Well....answer the topic then....
    Im livin my dream... 20170811_232024.jpg 20161119_184436.jpg

Wozob, JC higgy and audept like this.
  12. jfletcher67

jfletcher67 Gretschie

Jul 25, 2012
    Birmingham, AL
    I go through spells of everything under the sun being my "dream guitar" - Gretsches of all types, Tele's, Les Pauls, 335's but if I had to have just one to get through life with, and make a living with if need be, it'd be the J-45 in my avatar.