Whatcha workin' on???

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Flouswa, Mar 27, 2020.

1. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    3 newongs on Reaper..vocals & leads to finalize. Was interesting week as 3 developed at the same time. Had to roll with it, while the emotion was there. Learned..get that core song captured..the original emotion & words that frame it...its hard to get that back & sometimes i ruin it by over thinking

Flouswa likes this.
  2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Right now we are working on more organizational things.
    Since 20+ years we have a very nice, dry and safe rehearsal space.
    Since my co-musicians have a sideproject they have to pay for two rehearsal-rooms at this point of time.
    To save money they think about letting the old rehearsal-space go because it is not used as often nowadays.
    Sadly this would mean that I would be the one left behind without a room to make music. They offered me a place to store my equippent in their other room but I fear that there would be no rehearsal-slots there for me in case of starting an new band.
    Due to the desease we cannot speak face to face about it and sadly there is another party involved (the sideproject-guys with the other rehearsal-room) that I do not personally know all too well.
    It is quite tricky and I don`t want to risk quarrel with my two best friends.
    In the meantime my whatsapp is glowing red-hot....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Flouswa likes this.
  3. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Nuthin'.
    It's already painful for my family to be quarantined with me, what if I started playin' the guitah :D
    (Did not really touch a guitar for 2 weeks actually, but right now I'm considering taking the acoustic on the sunny balcony. Just wait for my over-wash hands -then fingers- to get less tender enough).

Jena and Flouswa like this.
  4. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    As usual trying to "de hamfist" my hamfisted playing on Mystery Train, it will elude me forever, icould get the travis picking on acoustic alright but when i pick up an electric it always trips me up

KuKuKu and gtttrrr like this.
  5. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States

Solid!

5120mantis likes this.
  6. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I know the feeling, i changed work boots once because my boots i've been wearing for 20 years are now over $200.00! i pretty much go through a pair a year so they get expensive. My lower back rebelled and i ended up throwing the cheaper pair away and going back to my old standby......lesson learned.
    Music wise, I'm fixing a bunch of things that i've been putting off for ages, my '32 Dobro's fretboard disintegrated and i almost have it replaced ( a huge job), luthier's are under paid:oops:
    Next ill finish the neck reset of my Stella and i always wanted to build a tweed Champ........

Flouswa likes this.
  7. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Tell them you're thinking of learning the Banjo! they won't complain about guitar again.

Jena and JeffreyLeePierre like this.
  8. slickfaster

slickfaster Synchromatic

Dec 29, 2009
    USA
    46381870-B9A1-4484-8330-9ED7BE3F3E7A.jpeg Got my modest work station set up n getting my songs recorded in a balanced tempo/ key set list.. got
    3x 15 song sets..represent 21 yrs of playing n writing .... Got all 45, lyrics, rhythm and solos... time to record... for summer take over!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  9. JeffreyLeePierre

Ha ha, how funny, just what I was noodling with the acoustic on the balcony:

(Note: that is my very first YT upload ever! Congratulating myself!)

EssEll, blueruins and 5120mantis like this.
  10. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Since this quarantine started over here in Italy I thought that it would be nice to be able to play a little piano. I took lessons other times in the past but soon I got distracted by piling guitars, amps, pedals and playing rock’n’roll...:) I don’t know why but this tentative started way better, maybe because I could go on Youtube and watch a tutorial of the songs I like instead of doing exercises with a person I barely know. I feel very motivated to at list being able to struck some chords over a song without feeling the odd man out. Today I almost (that means there’s still a long way to go to do it properly) nailed my first piano/voice song, Make Me a Pallet on Your Floor by Doc Watson.
    I’m pretty happy. I hope this motivation will last, honestly I touched the guitar just twice during the whole 20 days quarantine and don’t miss it that much. Maybe I’m just getting old.;)

Flouswa likes this.
  11. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    It would be cool to just upload from your phone direct to Gretsch Talk.
    I don't mind embarrassing my self infront of those who know me, but the whole world?!?!!
    I did play it finger picked on the acoustic i think. Maybe i should upload that also

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  12. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You can post videos so they are invitation only or link-only. Try the link-only, only people who have the actual link can find it, it does not show up for others, in searches, etc.

13. JeffreyLeePierre

Who would recognize your right hand and half belly?
    Possibly you don't want people to be able to sneak in your home? Cool Joe Jackson poster on the wall, is that an actual sleeve? :D
    Yes you may configure the privacy level when uploading of even afterwards. But my hip shake is so sexy, I might get a trillion likes...

new6659 likes this.
  14. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    That's a Mint original pressing, i have look sharp also but it fell and the glass shattered (sha doo bee!) Gotta get a new display, Graham Maybe and Gary Sanford were a force to reckon with.

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  15. JeffreyLeePierre

I'm The Man definitely is my preferred one. So many beautiful and frantic songs.

5120mantis likes this.
  16. Willie McGee

Willie McGee Electromatic

Jun 10, 2012
    Oregon
    Hi everyone. I've been trying to practice and create lead parts for tunes without the band to rehearse with. All I can do is practice along with cell phone recordings of our tunes that we're learning. I don't have any recording gear or apps. It's been a little frustrating. We are called The Stumptown Wranglers. Western Swing type stuff. Hopefully things will get back to somewhat normal sooner than later.

MTurner and blueruins like this.
  17. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, I'm working on a banjo version of Norwegian wood - arranged by myself.

Mandolin: John Henry - chordal melody

Guitar - my Gretsch is in the shop, getting a way overdue setup... so the tele is at work. Chicken picking'... acoustic, alternate tunings - Open G at the moment...

Ukulele - Shallow by Lady Gaga (for a student) - but also going to lower the action.

Bass - learning the neck properly.

Groutsch likes this.
  18. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    That's not bad - may I gently suggest though you not use the pick? That might fix some of the timing issues that pop up?

But not bad, not bad at all. Well done.

19. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World is Waiting for the Sunrise, with the guitar parts played on ukulele without overdubbing

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice