What was the earliest 6122 to have the shorter scale length???

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by FrankH, Feb 28, 2019.

1. FrankH

FrankH Gretschie

Nov 3, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    For those of us who are always searching for minutiae concerning the earliest 6122 Country Gentleman models, I've been wondering
    recently, what serial number would have been the first to convert over from a 25.5 inch scale length, to the 24.6 inch. From earlier
    research I have found that #26405 still had the 25.5 inch scale, and I'm not sure on #26406 or any that came after it. I know there
    are some of our members who have very early serial numbered 6122's, so perhaps they can shed some more light on this. CG Front.jpg Headstock%20Front[1].jpg

2. afire

afire Country Gent

Unless all of the early ones are documented, it would be hard to say definitively what the first one with the shorter scale was. But going from distant memory, I do recall seeing one from the early teens, maybe 26413, give or take. But there may have been short scale examples before it, or long scale examples after it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice