What Piece of Gear are You Set Upon?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Dec 2, 2019 at 8:53 PM.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I've posted recently pictures of my 1961 Gretsch 6161 Electromatic Twin amp. I've had it for quite a few years and see no reason to ever get something else. With a few pedals it does everything I need/want. Occasionally I've thought about a different amp but quickly decided that for me the 6161 can't be beat. Plus it's blue.

Do you have a piece of gear that does what you need and aren't looking/interested/need anything else?

GOOBALL JEFF, section2 and G5422T like this.
  2. G5422T

G5422T Synchromatic

May 24, 2012
    usa
    I'm happy with all of my "stuff."

No more hunting and chasing for me.

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm happy with all of my gear. I do need a cap job on my Wurly 140B, but I've had it forever and don't need to change it. At this point of my life I'm more concerned with reducing and simplifying my gear, not adding to it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 10:24 PM
  4. section2

section2 Country Gent

Dec 21, 2016
    Toronto
    While I love my red sparkle 5620, I don't quite have my dream guitar yet. That'll happen if/when you ever decide to send me your blueburst 6120 Jr. :cool:

I do have my dream blue Gretsch, though: it's my 1950s Midnight Blue Pearl Gretsch "Name Band" drum kit. (Picture a blue pearl 6129, but bigger and rounder.) My dad drove me out to buy those drums on Orthodox Christmas Eve when I was 16, in the middle of the worst blizzard I've ever seen. It's a miracle we made it home in one piece. 26 years later, they're still my #1 drum set.

5. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    I need a white penguin, until then my life is not fulfilled gretsch-g6134-white-penguin-312041.jpg

6. GlenP

GlenP Gretschie

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I have a stadium seat that I securely strap to my Peavey amp, it is a comfortable seat where I set myself upon. I can play all day while I am set upon that amp.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 6.41.41 PM.png

Me, that stadium seat, and my amp, are set upon a short 2"x4"

7. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
  8. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Since tone is in the hands....I am....SOL:(

9. new6659

new6659 Synchromatic

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Thankfully I can say - Nothing! (but I did get a new guitar (G5620) last Friday);)

10. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    I have all I need ....But not close to all I want.

GOOBALL JEFF and G5422T like this.
  11. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    I want to sell at least 100 guitars by next Christmas 2020

GOOBALL JEFF, mbkri and G5422T like this.
  12. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    SomeGear.jpg

13. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    go for it Chris

14. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    yes and no.
    Yes I have gear that does everything I could possibly need.........
    No, I can’t imagine ever not looking, being interested and telling myself I need something else!
    But if I had to call it quits on the purchasing I reckon I could do just about anything my meagre talent will permit with my ac15, my es295 and my two ‘always on’ pedals, my mystery brain and my Neunaber seraphim.

GOOBALL JEFF and G5422T like this.
  15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Boss TU-3
    Mystery Brain
    El Pescadoro
    Hopefully my inbound Gretsch will be added to the list.

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
  16. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Gretschie

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    After many trials and expensive tribulations, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a Fender/ Music Man amp person. My stereo pair of vintage Blackface Twin Reverb(s) and/or Deluxe Reverb are pretty hard to beat.

Pedalboard is pretty complete. Really dig the Strymon Volante', my old boss SD-2 is my "drive" go to, I like the preamp side of my Mystery Brain. Still looking for a good modern modulation pedal or a steal on an old Line6 MM4.

Got all the Gibsons (except Firebird, which I am not in lust with) in Lefty. Got my Silver Falcon.... so content in guitars.

Hopefully be able to afford an Aeros Loop Station next spring.

I really need to start saving up for a down payment on some property or my own house. Seattle is a terribly expensive city to just live in, which makes it hard.

larryb, GOOBALL JEFF and G5422T like this.
  17. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I have everything Mrs. Thunder will allow me to have ...... ( at the moment ;) )

18. Gretschmen65

Gretschmen65 Synchromatic

May 20, 2016
    Australia
    Tone Master Twin Reverb. Unless they bring out the Tone Master 59 Bassman for the New Year :p

GOOBALL JEFF likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice