Join Gretsch-Talk Today

What other (non-guitar forums) do you read/post in?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by speedicut, Mar 9, 2018.

1. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    I've been a member of a homebrewing forum for 15 years and it has a sub-forum for off topic subjects like this one.
    It's full of smart people from all careers/walks of life so you can find the answer to just about any issue you're having....computers, cooking, metallurgy...it's pretty handy.
    And, since almost everyone has been there forever and we all know each other very well, we have all kinds of crazy threads.

Currently, we're at 10 pages on the topic: Is a hot dog a sandwich?' :D

2. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    I lurk and post occasionally on Challenger Talk because I have a Dodge Challenger. I was pretty into it heavily for awhile. Then I got burnt out on it. Then I bought my first Gretsch guitar and came to this site. The rest is history and I am awesome.

DrSetzer likes this.
  3. Willie D

Willie D Gretschie

Feb 11, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    Is a gyro a sandwich, is what I want to know.

4. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    It's been discussed :D

5. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Cheap RV Living, a forum for full time RVers and van dwellers. Got lots of ideas for my cargo trailer camper I’m building. A fantasy of mine to go full time on the road, lol.

Fortean Times Forum, a forum for all that’s weird and unexplained. For skeptics and true believers, based in England, lots of Brits, very entertaining.

6. afire

afire Country Gent

My non-guitar forums are vintagegruen.org and vintagewatchforums.com. Instead of my guitar, on those forums my avatar is my favorite watch.
    [​IMG]
    Circa 1930 Gruen Quadron with a handmade, likely one-of-a-kind case of solid green gold with white gold accents.

7. radd

radd Gretschie

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    For years the Adventure Rider motorcycle forum, I was an Admin and mod on there but after 50 yrs of riding and 15 years of teaching motorcycling I found I had no more passion for it so I’m no longer on the forum or own a motorcycle

I’m active on the Casita travel trailer forum. Casitas are 13’, 16’ and 17’ fiberglass trailers that have been produced by the family owned business in Rice Texas for over 30 yrs. they have a huge active following. You can only buy them new from one place, the factory in Rice and there currently is a 3 month waiting list. There is no middle men and no mark up, it is a very cool and successful business model.

8. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Gunandgame.com It's a great bunch of people who like to talk about everything from hunting to gun sports to politics. It was my first forum. I joined them about 3 years ago.

9. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    No other forums, unless I'm researching a potential new acquisition. Other than that just some news sites(mainly BBC and Guardian).

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  10. JimB1122

JimB1122 Gretschie

Dec 15, 2016
    Silver Bay, Minnesota
    Civil War and a Holstein cow forum.

11. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    None for me. I occasionally participate in the comments in The Economist, but rarely. I used to be part of video game discussions too but, well, you can imagine how quickly those discussions disintegrate into nastiness.

12. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Knees Up Mother Brown

13. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    I am an always reader and sometimes commenter on a blog devoted to University of Georgia football.

14. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Just a few-- a couple of firearms forums, a couple of comic-collecting forums, and a smattering of other guitar/music forums. These days I don't have as much free time to hang out in forums or chats-- usually working, gigging or rehearsing.

15. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Forum for hurting/broken marriages

16. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    This and the GDP are the only sites I post in. I peruse Atlas Obscura and Imgur among some others.

NJDevil likes this.
  17. NJDevil

NJDevil Gretschie

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Same as Wabash with the addition of the Les Paul site. I'm volunteer in animal rescue groups so I belong to a few FB forums for that.

18. Willie D

Willie D Gretschie

Feb 11, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    I used to post frequently to one for single parent support. Lots of broken/painful marriage discussion there, too. The forum I was on doesn't exist anymore, for better or worse.

Need to find one for parental alienation.

larryb likes this.
  19. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    None, zero, nada. What else is important besides Gretsch guitars?

johnny g, benjwri and thunder58 like this.
  20. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Pinot Noir and Redheads...just guessing though. :)