What model is this?

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by oneLocoman, Nov 4, 2018.

1. oneLocoman

oneLocoman Newbie

Nov 4, 2018
    Missouri
    So I am looking at getting my first Gretsch and checking this one out. do not know the model or what its worth. Any help from a Gretsch guru would help. Thanks
    gretsch.PNG

2. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    Well, it's a 'Synchromatic' which means it's pre FMIC, likely late 90s. Not sure which model this is, looks similar to the 1413 but there was a bunch of them with different numbers for different finishes.
    These were not expensive guitars then and they do not command high prices now. Probably around the 300 mark back in the day and the brand new Jet Club is $299 today.

3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Welcome to the forum, oneLocoman!
    welcome mat 44.jpg

4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Eman is correct, if you can get it for a nice price it looks like a fun little guitar.

5. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    David’s right, it’s closest to the Bigsby variant of the 1413 Jet Club, whatever that model number might be. He’s also right that if it’s not priced well below $200, you might think of getting a new Jet Club instead. Is it red or tangerine colored?

Welcome to Gretsch Talk. You’ll find lots of friendly folks here.

6. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Welcome to GT oneLocoman!

oneLocoman likes this.
  7. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Welcome here. That one should not cost too much. I see modifications that will not lift the price either.

8. oneLocoman

oneLocoman Newbie

Nov 4, 2018
    Missouri
    Thanks for the welcome. Its orange. I didn't think the bigsby was original but not sure. GC wants &249 with shipping that would take it up. I will probably get me a red Jet Club from my wife for xmas instead. I will watch and see if the price drops. If I could get it for less than $200 shipped I would jump on it.

9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Howdy oneLocoman, (railroad Engineer?) good to have you here. Christmas can't come soon enough!

10. NSM245

NSM245 Synchromatic

May 7, 2011
    Scotland
    I'd wait for the red Jet Club. We'll still talk to ya, even if you're not really a Gretsch owner yet! It's not too long to wait really ;)