What is this?

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by Opart68, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Opart68

Opart68 Gretschie

Feb 14, 2011
    Australia
    Whats it worth ??? Lots of binding rot.

Attached Files:

2. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
  3. Opart68

Opart68 Gretschie

Feb 14, 2011
    Australia
    Feels really inexpensive. Like a silvertone. That binding rot is pretty extensive. From the looks of it, I'd say the see guitars do this a lot. Lacquers age weird

4. ohioal

ohioal Electromatic

Apr 1, 2012
    ohio
    Can tell by looking at this that there's some people out there that think that a guitar is a piece of wood, and doesn't have a soul, or that it isn't alive,!!!!! news flash jerks!!! it is all these and more in the right person's hands, dare I say arms there have been times in my life where if I hadn't had my friend with me I probly would not be here today. Sound crazy guys maybe but maybe not !!!!!!!someone needs to help this pc.soon!!!! sorry for the rant!!!

5. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    ummmmm... okay.

moving on now, Wayne Gretschky is correct (as usual). It's a Baldwin-era Rally model. From the looks of it, it doesn't appear to have been cared for very well.

6. rhino2104

rhino2104 Electromatic

Jan 25, 2011
    GA
    That is pretty rough. How much are they asking for it?

7. MacStevenXIII

MacStevenXIII Synchromatic

Jan 9, 2009
    Boston
    [​IMG]

8. Opart68

Opart68 Gretschie

Feb 14, 2011
    Australia
    I never got a straight answer on the price. They did say they thought it was from 1967.

9. rhino2104

rhino2104 Electromatic

Jan 25, 2011
    GA
    Don't know what it is about the Rallies but I'd love to get one. I almost ended up with a bamboo yellow one in need of restoration but the deal fell through at the last minute so if anyone is trying to off load one in need of some work I might be interested in it :D

10. Helloid

Helloid Electromatic

Apr 14, 2009
    DC
    I had a Streamliner and loved it. If you have got a 1950s Chet Atkins, this may seem like a clunker, but they are nice and light, and can have a clean or raunchy sound in my experience.

11. Jeff O

Jeff O Country Gent

Sep 25, 2008
    The Motor City
    WTF is that plate on the back?

12. BoundandPurfled

BoundandPurfled Gretschie

Mar 22, 2012
    Oregon
    Truss rod access? Dint the baldwin eras do a truss rod adjustment at the bottom instead of the top?

13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I believe that is the treble boost unit access. Jay Scott criticized the treble boost as being unnecessary in a guitar with already trebly HiLos but Dan Duffy pointed out it was really a volume boost.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice