What brand and model of guitar have you not owned that you are gassing for?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by larryb, Jan 7, 2019.

1. TestPattern

TestPattern Electromatic

Dec 16, 2018
    South Carolina
    A mid-1960's Mosrite Ventures Mk1 in sunburst with matching sunburst neck. Mint condition, of course. What's that? Someone left a Fuzzrite in the case too? Wow, what a great NGD!

2. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Penguin with Filters.

3. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I literally just pulled the trigger on a guitar I’ve always wanted. NGD coming soon!!

englishman likes this.
  4. afire

afire Country Gent

5. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas
    Not really jonesing for anything right now...but, I can't resist playing along!

I've always been smitten by this one (although I would never pay the asking price).
    DSCF0894.jpg

drmilktruck likes this.
  6. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas

You just HAD to post this...didn't you. :mad:
    So, I knew I shouldn't do it...but, I did anyway...
    I went to their website...
    I just may have been bitten by a couple bugs.
    pimage.jpg Finalguitar2onwhite2.jpeg

So...THANKS! :D:)

drmilktruck likes this.
  7. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    Gassing, Jonesing, coveting, lusting after, doing the Wayne's World "Oh yes, it will be mine" thing, call it what you will...

A Ric 620 in Jetglo
    A Ric 1993Plus in Jetglo
    A G6128T-GH I love George's model, especially that it's all black, front to back.

With those three, I'd be set for the Black Guitar club.

I'm also really keen on the Danelctro '59 Vintage 12str in Aqua. And it'll be my next guitar by virtue of being $650 instead of ranging from 2k - 5k like the rest of my list. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    Flouswa and drmilktruck like this.
  8. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    What the hell
    Everybody gets a Scharpach Victoria of their choice
    If not to keep it, to trade it for an offshore fishing boat.
    [​IMG]

9. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    A Lefty Wandrè Rock Oval or Scarabeo... No way, that doesn't exist. :(

Otherwise, this one, for example - which exists... An Eastwood Teisco Spectrum 5 LH :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    A+!

10. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Gretschie

Jun 2, 2008
    Fort Collins, CO
    I want an original early '60's SG Standard with a Bigsby. I played one when I was 17 and I still dream of it. A proper reissue would be fine.

new6659 and drmilktruck like this.
  11. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Cool stuff from a Minnesota builder.

12. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    Is it wrong of me to kind of want a Danelectro Longhorn bass? Because every time I watch a Traveling Wilburys video and see Petty playing one I want one.

13. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
  14. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    And thanks from me too... never heard of them before. That Provocateur has my GAS sense tingling... Never seen that open back Hipshot bridge he's got on it before either (edit: LOL, nevermind me, my sleep deprived self read the Tuner bit of the specs as Bridge somehow :rolleyes:).

Do they all have Ric-like neck profiles? The shots of the back of the Provocateur neck make it look fairly generous and C or D shaped but it's hard to tell w/ the straight on angle.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Alberta_Slim and wildeman like this.
  15. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That’s great news! I can PM you my address to send your old 6228 to. Just say the word.

drmilktruck and TSims1 like this.
  16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Always liked the look of Kolls...so cool!

drmilktruck likes this.
  17. afire

afire Country Gent

What I can tell you is that I kind of know the guy from another forum and he's definitely not a mysterious guitar whisperer type. I doubt he'd slavishly stick to historically "correct" Rickenbacker quirkiness. And I'm almost certain that if a prospective buyer wanted a certain neck profile, he'd try to to provide it. I would definitely contact him to work out the details. It kind of amazes me that he even goes to the trouble of making these guitars for the price he charges. And recreating the 1950s DeArmond/Rickenbacker pickups was quite a nice touch to begin with, compounded by spinning them off into multiple variants.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  18. Highroller

Highroller Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Yeah, I've lusted for a BelAire for years, sadly I don't see myself ever dropping 5K on a guitar ... unless I win the lottery or something!

I've always thought an SG with a Maestro Vibrola was one of the sexiest looking guitars ever made. But dang, every time I pick up an SG there's something I don't like about it - usually the neck. One of these days I'll find the perfect one, and then I think I'll be done....

... unless of course I come across a nice Amber Maple 6120! Then I'll be done.

Maybe.

larryb and drmilktruck like this.
  19. Grand Marquis GT

Grand Marquis GT Electromatic

Mar 2, 2017
    Abilene, TX
    RG7X likes this.
  20. kjmac

kjmac Gretschie

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    Ever since I played my instructor's Vintage '65 reissue Jaguar, I have been hooked. Well I got my opportunity a week ago to pick up a mint condition Squier VM Jaguar and I upgraded the pickups to Fender Vintage '65s. We compared the playability and sound and I think I got a great deal for $250.00 plus the cost of the pickups. I'm all gassed up for a while.

Jag.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice