What brand and model of guitar have you not owned that you are gassing for?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by larryb, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

The Gretsch G6136T Falcon Players Edition with the thinner profile. I found a place in the city that has one, after I get back from vacation I may go check it out. It will be a while before I jump on one, but I want to go check it out thoroughly!

2. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Also, I really really covet this baby blue Firebird-alike that the guitarist from Starcrawler uses. Not sure what it is, I think it might be a Fano.

[​IMG]

Sid Nitzerglobin and db62 like this.
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    NGD,NGD,NGD,NGD!!!!!
    ;)

Flouswa likes this.
  4. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    db62 likes this.
  5. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

larryb likes this.
  6. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    good question, and ill have any one of these. FULLSET1.jpg

7. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I would love a shell pink Fender!!!!

englishman, Howard hughes and Flouswa like this.
  8. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    TK Smith:

25DC2BCE-C85A-43D3-8203-1DB0D4F6C0E5.jpeg

Or something similar in Bigsby-style...

9. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Good one! Might as well dream big.

10. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    YES! And the Gibson EH-150. If I remember from his Instagram, he found it in a pawn shop for some ridiculously low price...which he more than deserved. I'm not a superstitious man, but there's something to be said for the idea of things finding their rightful owners.

My list is pretty big since I have one geet. There's realistic stuff and pipe-dream stuff on it so I could go on at length but won't subject you fine folks to that. I have a folder on my desktop called "LUST LIST" with pics and contact info to keep me motivated. Short realistic list:

That Vintage Orange Sweetwater G5420T, possibly with some mods. High end would be a 6120 of some sort or a Roundup, 21st century versions.

Vintage47 amp, either the Ric or Bronson style, will depend on my mood when ordering. Higher end would be a nice TV front 5e3 clone.

An acoustic jumbo; low end would be an Epiphone EJ-200 Artist in natural, high end a Gretsch 6022 Rancher, which my research shows me can only be found on eBay from Japan.

A lap steel to replace my long-gone aluminum frypan and vintage Rickenbacker Bakelite; either one of these, most likely the RAM Gibson style but again will depend on my mood when purchase time comes:

https://garyruesmusic.wixsite.com/kingpinsteels/product-page/king-pin-53

http://www.ramguitars.com/RAM_Guitars/SpeakEasyMain.html

Maybe a small-bodied acoustic; low end an Art & Lutherie Roadhouse in faded black: http://www.artandlutherieguitars.com/roadhouse-1

High end a Collings Waterloo, so beautiful I can't decide which one: https://www.waterlooguitars.com/models/

Sigh, but for the lack of bucks...but job interview Thursday so fingers crossed!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  11. db62

db62 Synchromatic

Apr 6, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    6128 TSP - not shooting for the moon... Or the 6128 53 Vintage Select... Either...:cool:
    6128tsp.png

Lionpotato, JC higgy, MartyT and 4 others like this.
  12. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    That's easy. Gretsch G6120T-55-vintage in orange. @ 3k. More K than I have.

13. National19

National19 Country Gent

Jan 4, 2014
    Ottawa Canada
    A fender Jaguar in red.

JC higgy, MartyT and Flouswa like this.
  14. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    I’m not sure if there is one that’s a brand I haven’t had before but here’s my list:

‘60s Gibson ES-335
    All rosewood fender Telecaster (like Harrison’s)
    ‘58-60 narrow panel Tweed Bassman

I wish I wasn’t a sucker for vintage, or some of these would be a lot easier to obtain!

MartyT likes this.
  15. afire

afire Country Gent

Bigsby (never going to happen), TK Smith (very unlikely), Wandre (I think they're out of my price range, at least for what they are), Mosrite (maybe), Hoyer (I've come close a couple of times). I have no idea about their prices or rarity, but the three Hoyers that really trip my trigger are the Fantastik, Bianka and Map.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

new6659, db62, Bertotti and 1 other person like this.
  16. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Oh I can gas all day.
    Vintage style Jazzmaster, oily white, tort, rosewood board.
    Matching 335, LP Custom, and SG Std in black.

MartyT likes this.
  17. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I gas for a DiPinto, Galaxie or Mach IV or Belvedere Deluxe, but I've never played one so I could turn out to hate them? One of the older MiK ones would probably be within the realm of possibility to grab remotely, sight unseen so to speak, but I think I'd really be more into one of the custom order US ones...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I imagine I'd be all over a TK Smith, or a TVJ, or a Bigsby if I ran into one as well.

DynaJet , 2 pup Dyna full hollow, and a Duffy Falcon are all on the GAL as well, but I already own a number of Gretsches, same for an '80s G&L SC-2 w/ Dual Fulcrum bridge...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  18. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    Growing up I never really dug this brand nor got the hype but am warming to the plainest versions of their guitars. I’m currently interested in one of these:
    5B5592C8-43D9-4075-B423-B5B7BC19DCE5.jpeg

19. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

But . . . but . . . but . . . it won't be red! ;):)

Flouswa likes this.
  20. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I guess I'll throw in a Harmony Espanada, i've had lots of Harmony guitars and still do but this one has evaded me. Screenshot_2019-01-08-10-31-06-1.png

Alberta_Slim, DennisC, db62 and 2 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice