Well they finally made one...

Discussion in 'The Great Bigsby forum' started by Gasee, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Gasee

Gasee Gretschie

Jun 4, 2009
    North Wales
    What do you think -

S.R.Cash, MKunie and Merc like this.
  2. phil66

phil66 Gretschie

Dec 5, 2019
    Indiana
    This could get interesting.

Merc likes this.
  3. CNPCNP

CNPCNP Synchromatic

Jan 3, 2015
    NL
    Open for cool & new ideas. I'd skip this tough.

While the pedal itself looks cool , not sure whether what it provides is new (limited-range Whammy?)
    & the on-stage usage isn't cool either I'd say.

Makes me think a bit of the not so happening filter-frequency-knob-turning stage-act of DJs.

But hey, by this reasoning, a wah-pedal could be dismissed as well, and I'm not saying that... so... I'm not sure ;-)

4. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m open minded to check this out although it’s still in prototype phase. It might hit the mark for a Gretsch players that only use a Bigsby sparingly and have the V stop bridge. This may function like a wha but it’ll likely sound like a Bigsby. I suspect it’ll either be summer NAMM or next Winter NAMM.

If anyone is not familiar with Game Changer Audio, their designs are very original and pushing the boundaries in design. Just this year they came out with a Reverb that uses optical light sensors Instead of a spring.

Of course their Plasma pedal

And the Plus Sustain pedal

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    MKunie likes this.
  5. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Hehe, I agree looks cool, but seems like a solution in search of a problem for my purposes.

For some reason I'm reminded of this one:

6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    From the title of the thread I was hoping for an Electromatic Billy Bo for us poor folk :(

8. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I've been waiting for an electronic trem that guitar mounts for years. Keyboards have had them for decades. You can change tuning with it also. Drop from Std E to D or C whatever.
    Using a mechanical device, which also weighs a lot is like using Model T push rod braking on a modern car.

These guys came out with this a couple years back but it never went up for sale that I'm aware of. They got close, not perfected. I would want it to be metal, nice looking, sturdy with a good feel. Probably a good spring loaded feel like a weighted keyboard.
    -Negligible weight
    -No tuning issues with extreme trem use
    -No locking tuners (even more weight savings!)
    -No locking nuts
    -etc

thunder58 likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida

Well that shoe thing is just silly.

I guess having recently purchased my 6228 which I love, I see more value in this than other players with Bigsby equipped guitars. I actually don’t mind the hard tail on it and like the V. To be honest I rarely used my Bigsby when I had the 6118 and my Hot Rod. But there is the occasional song which calls for one. I guess that’s where I see value in this pedal if it’s pulled off correctly. Assuming there are other players such as myself. Although I’ll likely have a Bigsby with Towner bar on it before this pedal is released.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  10. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    That’s exactly what I was expecting to see

thunder58 likes this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Why not build-in a pedal like the Digitech Ricochet? You’ll only have to fab a spring loaded faux trem arm to operate the Momentary/latch switch. That’s what these jokers did.

ruger9 and swivel like this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It’s likely got a little more than a momentary latch switch. It’s got an auto flutter knob (not that I want that). But it also has a rate and depth control. Considering the other pedals these guys offer, I think when it’s said and done it’s going to surprise a lot of people. Although it likely won’t win over actual Bigsby owners.

Ricochet likes this.
  13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I've never used a Whammy pedal, but isn't that similar?

14. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I have to hear it before I decide to like it.

15. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I kind of like the sustain pedal. I am familiar with the design and function from some time with keyboards. To me, the design make perfect sense, and you have specific control of the sustain.

ruger9 likes this.
  16. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    So it's a way overpriced, but sexy, vibrato pedal. I don't see the innovation here... their 1st pedal, the PLUS Sustain pedal, really did something nothing else did. This...not so much.

17. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Love the designs. They are works of art! But once I look past the gimmicks, slick design and inflated pricepoint, and start using my ears, I’m not hearing anything out of the ordinary.

ruger9 likes this.
  18. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I do think the PLUS pedal is unique: nothing sustains a note or chord like that one does.

The EHX Freeze only captures a millisecond, and sounds more like a drone note from a synth.
    The Digitech Freqout (which I have arriving today) does sustain, but it's a feedback thing, like the onboard sustainers in guitars.

Loopers are cool, but that PLUS pedal... when playing alone.... would be really cool to hold chords out to play over, changing as you go. It's simply too expensive. Unless I was a solo performer who's bread and butter was playing alone.

19. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    What about the EHX Superego?

20. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I keep hearing about that one.... IDK? I think I put it out of my head, because I'll never by EHX again... I have had a lot of reliability/QC issues with that company, as well as less-than-satisfying customer service.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice