We shall prevail !

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by pilgrim, Mar 16, 2020.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    The next few weeks will be trying. Many people will be tested. Trust God and be a beacon of hope to those around you. Remember you are loved and share that spirit ! I have never known a better group of people. Thank you all for your generous spirit.

2. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    I fear this topic might not be alive too long, but nevertheless I wanna agree. Stay safe, stay reasonable, stay alive.

Resulting in - stay home!

3. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    I apologize to the Admins. I think we are a group that believes in Hope and that we wiil prevail.

4. montereyjack66

montereyjack66 Country Gent

Feb 29, 2012
    LA-ish
    Completely agree. Although, I might add that this may be an excellent opportunity to play more guitar!

benjwri, O Riley, SAguitar and 6 others like this.
  5. DennisC

DennisC Synchromatic

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Play more guitar - that's it!

O Riley, Charlie westside and MKunie like this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
  7. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    It's getting tough. My state just shut down all restaurants, bars, recreational activities. My daughter has worked in the high end restaurant business for 30 years. 2 kids and no paycheck now.

Rob Williams, pilgrim and ZackyDog like this.
  8. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Yes, I work on frontline ambulances here in the UK. We're already inundated with covid 19 cases so imagine I've got a good chance of contracting it!! We're all in good spirits and just getting on with work. But I imagine we are all in for some rough days ahead. Stay safe everyone.

9. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    That's rough. Is the Federal government going to help people out financially when they're in your daughter's situation?

pilgrim likes this.
  10. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    [​IMG]

benjwri, moltenmagna, new6659 and 3 others like this.
  11. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    It's unclear right now. Apparently she can apply for unemployment, not sure if any other help they keep talking about will come available for people or not.
    Just got word from my other daughter who owns two Yoga studio/spa's that she may have to close and may have to do it permanently if she does due to finances. She's had one of them about 15 years...

12. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    They are on about paying sick pay to everyone over here at the moment but it's the hidden costs like this that'll be the true cost of this virus.
    Prayers to them anyway.

13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    It will be tough on folks that live check to check like so many do.

I mentioned in another thread, we are temporarily stopping our house cleaners. They are a great couple with kids so we decided we will pay them anyway. Knowing them for as long as we have known them I think they will look for a way to make it up to us in the future.

Do what you can to help out.

14. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Government help? In the US?
    Yeah, THAT could happen.

15. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I certainly have no problem with belief in a Higher Power, nor do I have any problem with such faith being used as a source of illumination during times of trial. I ask only that we all respect one another’s right to believe as we see fit, including the rights of those whom do not believe.

There are all sorts of pressing political and theological issues in this troubled world, but Gretsch-Talk is neutral ground where we can talk music and leave the big problems at the doorstep.

benjwri, GoLeafsGo, Robbie and 10 others like this.
  16. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
  17. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Get that feeling but being from the UK didn't want to say!!

wabash slim likes this.
  18. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    OMG! That’s more than most musicians make in 10 years. :)

19. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    FYI - For some up close and personal interviews with excerpts from performances of those bands, see the web page for “Band in Seattle” it airs on a local TV station here. That could be a whole ‘nother thread.

20. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m still a bit confused why the other thread was closed. Take it I didn’t read every post but I didn’t pick up on anything political and really negative. With people being isolated this thread should remain open for people as this is an extraordinary time in different ways for so many. I suggest we all try our best to prevent it from sounding political or whatever and any critical critique of any governments response. Maybe just keep it on facts and voicing how it’s may be affecting them. It can relieve a lot of stress just talking about the elephant in the room.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice