Join Gretsch-Talk Today

We really need an Ecosonic clone..cough, cough Tavo!

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by WannaGretsch, Feb 25, 2018.

1. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I have the Keeley Mag Echo and its a sweet little pedal that gets real close to tape tone imo. Close enough for me anyway, the Copicat is so rickety i hate to use it all the time, I'd rather save it for special occasions.
    I also have a Keeley Sun and its very cool too.

2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    It was a fun blast to the path but it ended up being sent to Canada :) I do make the Mystery Brain, and yes it has a photo-cell random vibrato that you can switch in or out and how its pitch is shifted is related to the delay time. It can be over the top crazy but dialed into a given tempo's sweet spot and you get there. The Catalinbread Adineko is a really cool take on the oil can delay IMO.

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    hehe I have never heard Tavo's Mystery Brain but have no doubt its x10 better, x10 more versatile, 90% smaller, 90% lighter and 90% cheaper than that ancient fossil made by Fender when Adam was a boy :)

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  4. afire

afire Country Gent

Waxhead likes this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    well that Adineko licensed machine by Fender was a boat anchor but something about its ancient mechanical build was mesmerizing like my RE-301 Space Echo is.. Each never really worked like it should, the space echo has been rebuilt and reserviced over and over but it doesnt ever just work like it should. Which is why Brian Setzer tours w the BSO using what, 12 of them and only one or two end up surviving each Xmas Xtravaganza. Only the Gretsch guitars and Fender Blonde Bassman make it back alive. :)
    [​IMG]

wildeman, Bertotti and Waxhead like this.
  6. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
  7. afire

afire Country Gent

No kidding. It's kind of an amazing story, a guy with no real prior electronics knowledge pulling that off. I'm sure he's been approached many times to build another, but AFAIK, he has not.

wildeman likes this.
  8. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    are you talking about Ken, from slapsville amps? he built that.. he's a master industrial engineer like tk smith

9. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I still LOVE my Adineko (Catalinbread), was playing it today. It's basically my "DMM" delay, for the more-over-the-top modulated echo stuff, as opposed to the "nice" tapey modulation of the tape sims.

10. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Never mind

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  11. afire

afire Country Gent

No, I'm talking about the guy on the Scotty Moore website who built the EchoSonic clone from scratch. He is (was) a 23 year old German dental student with no formal training, just a history of tinkering.

12. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    ahhhh. Ken is a tinkerer as well.