Way cool.. gonna build some'thin..

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by Crunch01, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Crunch01

Crunch01 Former Member

Feb 11, 2014
    So-Cal
    I just ordered this body.... now making a list of what I want to put into it... I also ordered an neck from warmoth..
    http://www.guitarfetish.com/Ocean-T...uloid-Top-Lightweight-Tele-Bound-_p_8881.html

2. Setzerhotrod

Setzerhotrod Country Gent

Oct 26, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    That's a cool finish. Best of luck! I only say luck because though I'm sure it'll look fantastic, the luck comes in when all the pieces seem to resonate (by resonate I mean that unexplaibable sweet magic) with each other to create that "dream" guitar.

3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
  4. Crunch01

Crunch01 Former Member

Feb 11, 2014
    So-Cal
    Yeh I figure if all the components I put into it get along with each other and make magic she will be a keeper.. if it does not "talk" to me.. she will for someone that I sell it to..... lol this will only be my 3rd parts build... one of the last two I kept so far..

5. GentleBen

GentleBen Country Gent

Jul 29, 2008
    Huntsville, Al
    I am working on a Guitarfetish project at present. I did have to cut the neck down from 24 frets to 22 in order to correct the scale.

6. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I love those colors and finishes. Good luck with the build

7. dilver

dilver Country Gent

Feb 16, 2009
    NJ
    Cool look - no idea what Paulowina wood sounds like.

Post pics of the progress!

8. Crunch01

Crunch01 Former Member

Feb 11, 2014
    So-Cal
    I'm hoping it will sound as it is described in the ad there.. The owner has pretty good ears and makes some great pickups.. so I'll see I guess if his description of what he said it sounds like matches my ears when done.. lol :p the way it is described sounds like a Fender Thinline body tone..

9. Odd Jobb

Odd Jobb Banned

Apr 30, 2014
    South Texas
    Nothin like building your own, can't wait to see it come together!!:p Diggin that color too!! And great belly relief;) Do it up right, don't get in a hurry and slap it together:eek:..lol
    I'm adding these to my build,,,http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOD-Dual-Co...004?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c7a223074
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/390363661027?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AxeMasters-...051?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item51a01ee05b

Still not sure on the pup's?? And looking for a bell brass trem setup?

10. Crunch01

Crunch01 Former Member

Feb 11, 2014
    So-Cal
    love the parts you have there so far... for electronics I'm considering just standard Fender Vintage type... but she will have a bigsby.. ;)
    I'm also thinking of stripping the black paint from the back and sides and having it just stained and clear coated..

11. Odd Jobb

Odd Jobb Banned

Apr 30, 2014
    South Texas
    A bigsby on that body will Pop!! Love watching these builds come together;) Man on that 3rd pic of the body, the black really seems to accent the top...

12. calvin lee

calvin lee Country Gent

Jan 5, 2011
    new york
    way cool. excited to see what you do with it.

13. Crunch01

Crunch01 Former Member

Feb 11, 2014
    So-Cal
    I guess that can happen depending on who made the neck and the pocket in the body.. and if one was the vintage specs and the other "other' specs.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice