Wanted Wanted Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Kabloona, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I think I saw a nice Ltd Edition at Cream city.

https://www.creamcitymusic.com/gretsch-g9500-vwt-limited-edition-jim-dandy-in-vintage-white/

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Lockupyourfatdog and T Bone like this.
  2. Kabloona

Kabloona Electromatic

Dec 26, 2019
    Bethel, Alaska
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Don’t bother. Shipping over the Atlantic won’t be worth it.

4. Kabloona

Kabloona Electromatic

Dec 26, 2019
    Bethel, Alaska
    Thanks for all the quick replies and the suggested options. I'll post the results when I make a Jim Dandy decision.
    Happy New Year to all.

T Bone likes this.
  5. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Electromatic

Go to claz.org and do a search. There are several on there but this site generally pulls them from Craigslist so they may not be willing to ship (or maybe you can talk them into dropping it off at a UPS Store and then you can pay the store directly to pack and ship it). They seem to be in the $125-$150 range on that site. Of course I have no knowledge of the guitars being sold or the sellers; I just did a quick search and am passing on the info.

T Bone likes this.
  6. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Will do. But I'm even less optimistic now. Think I've been had, but if it doesn't show hopefully PayPal will be of help.

Item no longer in stock. If it were I'll bet the price would be great. They are winding down in preparation to close.

Ricochet likes this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    @drmilktruck is selling his Rancher Penguin Parlour, I wonder did he replace it with this one in Midnight sapphire?
    Midnight sapphire
    Other than it has the Penguin headstock and is painted and has a pickup it should be the same body and I think neck as the one you looking for. I guess it’s an option but you might need to try one first. They are way more expensive than the 70$ you spent but still only around I think 500-600$.

I have the white in which tonally, is somewhere between my Little Martin with the Sitka top, one I would look into as well, and my sons Taylor Academy. I do not know how close it sounds to the Jim Dandy have you looked at the different Honey Dipper models as well?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  8. Kabloona

Kabloona Electromatic

Dec 26, 2019
    Bethel, Alaska
    Thanks for this advice; best so far.

I did email Rocky at StreetSounds NYC and he replied right away:
    He said that a new Jim Dandy model is scheduled to be released in Jan. or Feb. and I should contact him after the new year, which I will.
    I looks like my search is over.
    I really do appreciate all the positive comments, and I have learned a lot about the Gretsch line and history (Penguin, Falcon, relationship to Fender, etc.).
    Great forum and great members.
    Will let you know about StreetSounds in a month or two.
    (Warming up in Bethel, Alaska: -13 degrees with a windchill of -31.)
    Thanks again!

T Bone and thunder58 like this.
  9. Kabloona

Kabloona Electromatic

Dec 26, 2019
    Bethel, Alaska
    Thanks for the information. I am going to wait and see if the the Jim Dandy from StreetSounds will work; if not, the Penguin/with case might be an option, if it is still looking for a new home.

10. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Too bad but I’m not surprised. They were priced $169

T Bone likes this.
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    That is surprising to hear. I looked at that Martin and Taylor for a while.

12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I’m not a Taylor guy so I will always say go Martin.

Ricochet likes this.
  13. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    That's great news . Rocky is a great guy . He's probably the best Gretsch dealer around ( and I'm thinking world wide too ) Looks like Rocky gave a little insight also as to what's to be expected at 2020 NAMM . Best of luck , stick around and keep us posted . :)

T Bone likes this.
  14. nasonm

nasonm Gretschie

Nov 3, 2010
    New England, USA
    Hey T Bone, any luck actually getting that Dandy?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  15. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Any updates? Did you get an order confirmation or Shipment notification, something?

16. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

:p Lol, no. I got nothing (except my card charged via PayPal). Will be contacting PayPal within a week to suggest they reverse charges.

Ricochet likes this.
  17. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    T Bone likes this.
  18. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Ricochet likes this.
  19. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Well if you've followed the thread, you may have seen the site (which no longer lists the guitar) has been tagged as a potential scam site. Guess I'm not too surprised, but I have contacted PayPal and opened a claim. Expect it will go fine (probable refund), just waiting (they give them 7 days to respond, which I doubt they will).

Looking forward to the new version (debuted at NAMM) becoming available, will pick one up.

Nada, sorry I didn't reply earlier. No shipping notice or contact of any kind. Not really surprised, or worried. I expect PayPal will take care of business.

Ricochet and Bertotti like this.
  20. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Gretschie

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
    I don’t know if you’re still looking but it looks like they’ve been re-released and are on American musical supply

T Bone likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice