Vox AC30cc2 questions.

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by freddyfingers, Jan 1, 2019.

Thanks for the heads up. Not a lot of amp techs near me. Not a lot of nothing near me. I will have someone else give it a try and see what they think. If its a dud, it goes, if its good, then i go to the ear doctor.

1. So i had a few minutes to try again. Got out my Walgreens five dollar over the counter galss’s And took a look at the back again. Made sure it was at 16 ohms, and the next switch which selects 22watts peak drive over 30. That one was not completely pushed down. I used the head of a cable to get in there, and i could hear a slight click. The other switch that selects a loose or tight sound, not sure what that means. But i now can turn the master up about halfway, and either of the input channels maybe a third, and get a somewhat vox clean. More master volume gets louder. I dont care for bright amps( and most would ask why i keep getting fenders) so i use the master tone to cut it out. My fender strat 12 sounds somewhat jangly, and the hot rod sounds hot roddy. I have yet to plug a brain into it, because as we al know, its the wife’s. But if that does something, I will give here my brain and order the newer mystery brain for me.

And it does have a different sound when you are standing over it adjusting tone, and sitting on the floor three feet away. More bri9ghness when you face it directly. And yes, the ears are ringing. And it wasn’t all the way up.

So there it goes. A stupid switch. Small, and on the back. I hate switches. That’s hwy i got the hot rod, one switch, one volume. After that i screw things up.

2. If I wasn’t me, i would feel stupid I didn’t recheck that switch. But its me.

3. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Yeah, I thought I heard a little chimey rumble sweeping in over the English Channel.

Could you maybe turn it down a bit?

4. WHAT????????? Speak up. I see lips moving, but that’s all

5. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Just a comment... Modern PC board Vox amps are notorious for cold solder joints... Especially if it was built at the Vietnam factory. Not saying that your problem lies there, but a qualified amp tech should check the PC board solder points thoroughly. Might not be able to find it without a signal injector and a multimeter.

6. I thought my guitar and cable was the signal injector. And I am the multimeter.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice