Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Vox ac 15 or Fender mustang 111

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Beatlecharles, Jul 13, 2017.

1. LongJohn

LongJohn Gretschie

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    If you go with the Mustang 111, invest in the 4 button footswitch. It will make getting to amps and effects that much easier as well as turning on/off stomp box settings one at a time.

2. JD10

JD10 Electromatic

Nov 19, 2016
    UK
    It would be worth checking out the new Boss Katana range. I've not used one yet, but they are getting some rave reviews.
    Of course, depending on your intended useage, for around £200 sterling you could look at a Blackstar HT-1. A 1 watt valve amp which is plenty loud enough for home use, enables the valves to start breaking up at a reasonable volume instead of shaking your foundations to the ground. It also has an output to run through a cab if necessary and apparently takes well to a 4x12 although I've never used it as that.

3. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    yep Tony - totally agree but ..........lotsa people just love poop :)

Sonny Strimple likes this.
  4. ronbo

ronbo Gretschie

Feb 28, 2012
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Had a Mustang III and sold it...to buy a Super Champ XD. Basically same effects as the Mustang III, but easier to use and not all of the unwanted stuff...plus it's actually a tube amp! I searched long and hard trying quite a few amps (but not a Vox) and really thought I'd miss the Mustang, but all my itches are currently scratched with the XD.

Got my XD for $200 at GC, used....

5. mrpixel

mrpixel Electromatic

May 20, 2017
    UK
    I have a G5420T and a Mustang GT-100. I play rockabilly and can get a great country sound with the 'Twin' preset or a grittier 'Setzer' sound with the 'Bassman' preset. The choice of delay, reverb and tremolo sounds is excellent. Very happy with the amp despite all the naysayers.