Used Bigsby's on ebay, ughhhh

Discussion in 'The Great Bigsby forum' started by wildeman, Dec 5, 2018.

1. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    What is wrong with people, they just can't let any good deals happen or what? It's very frustrating. I'm trying to get a used B7 and have bid on a couple over the last few weeks and it is totally ridiculous! The one i bid on now is at 112.00 / 10.50 shipping and its missing the spring and screws (another 10bux) so were at 132.50 with 6hrs left!!! A new one on Amazon is 135.00....... Stupid
    Oh well, rant over, i will buy a new one Screenshot_2018-12-05-04-43-47-1.png Screenshot_2018-12-05-04-47-06-1.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Alberta_Slim likes this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    For the few extra bucks , sometimes it's just worth it . Enjoy the Bigsby

3. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    I'm on a hunt for a B3, but it's hard... over here you need 100 euros to buy a B30.

4. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    That's true but i guess my point is that these people in their, competitiveness, idk? are going to pay more than the new one costs:confused:

5. cowmoo

cowmoo Country Gent

Aug 19, 2011
    North Wales
    There’s one on a local FB page as new £150.
    The seller must think as he’s fitted it then removed it, it must have passed some kind of post factory quality control test and added value.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  6. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Didn't you know? Used B7 models are priced higher because they're not as much fun as B6 and B3 models...:D:p

Just kidding... Sounds like if you really need a B7 model for a specific application, a new one is going to be the way to go-- unless you are particularly going for a vintage one to put on an older guitar.

7. dak55

dak55 Gretschie

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    I feel your pain and share your sentiment. I rarely participate in auctions anymore regardless of type of merchandise cuz there are too many people willing to overpay or just get caught up in auction fever. I've been on ebay almost since its inception and there are few deals like the "old days". When I can find a fair Buy It Now or Make Offer option it is about all I use anymore.

8. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Yeah it needs to be a B7, gotta get the best one for each application.

9. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    for sure .............

10. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    Anybody here share some love for Billy Zoom's B12?:)

BorderRadio likes this.
  11. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I have a B3 I will let go for $175.00 shipped. :) :) It amazes me that people ask more for their used stuff than you can buy it for new.

12. stiv

stiv Synchromatic

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    It's the Mojo mate, it's the Mojo.
    You gotta pay for it. :D

13. eggvan

eggvan Gretschie

Nov 30, 2013
    England
    Agreed, on another point I feel bad slating them on a dedicated forum but I find the situation with Gretsch spare parts absolutely ridiculous. I emailed them asking to buy certain bits for a 6120. I was told they don't stock spare parts, and pointed me in the direction of an independent US retailer???

I mean, really?

14. afire

afire Country Gent

That's the reason why auctions that start low with no reserve sometimes wind up sky high. Years ago when I was more active on eBay, I'd often just start my auctions at the lowest price I could accept, and sometimes get no bites. Relist at $1, no reserve, and the same item would end up going way beyond the price that got no bids last time around. It's definitely true that eBaying is not a straightforward rational process.

15. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    People often get stupid at auctions.

dak55 likes this.
  16. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Synchromatic

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Treat yo’self @wildeman!
    New one is best in this situation.
    And personally, i think vintage “mojo” is overrated. I’d rather get the best componant, and shoot it up with MY mojo.

dak55 likes this.
  17. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    I'm not sure I agree that deals aren't available on Ebay, but then again I'm usually going for vintage stuff. That stuff can often be misrepresented/under appreciated and sell for substantially less than they should. On the other hand... if all these competitive people are over-paying for stuff on Ebay, that would suggest that Ebay is a good place to sell stuff.

18. guitarslingerzero

guitarslingerzero Electromatic

Oct 28, 2016
    Chicago