Update

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by 5120mantis, Mar 13, 2019.

1. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    A while back i posted about dealing with lyme disease, just updating everyone on the situation, things are looking good! The doctor is pretty confident that i'll be knocking this out of my system, i've read and been told that symptoms can occur after treatment here and there but it wont be chronic. The physical part of this is tough, but keeping the mantra "i'm gonna kick this diseases a$$" was a huge part of it, and it was hard to be positive being sick and facing a job layoff.
    But i stayed positive.
    A very important thing to do when you're sick, the mental out look has got to be there.
    You gotta fight it.
    Maybe in a week or two i could fire the amp back up and wreak rockabilly havoc on my pro jet!

2. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Great news !! As an Animal Control Officer I can only try to understand what your going through . It's always been a fear of mine these last 30 years that I've been in this job . Stay positive brother and we want to see the video in 2 weeks when you light up the " Rockabilly Flame "

5120mantis likes this.
  3. Winterwind

Winterwind Gretschie

Dec 17, 2018
    London, Ontario
    Keep focused, keep positive and keep kicking its ass. And rock that Jet for us.

5120mantis likes this.
  4. Glad to hear that. Ever since I moved to the sticks, i find myself checking for ticks and such. Something i never had to do before. Lyme disease was never a thought until I moved out here. I’m glad that one can over come it.

5120mantis likes this.
  5. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Good news Mantis. Hang in there!

5120mantis likes this.
  6. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Great news... all the best..

5120mantis likes this.
  7. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Very good news!

5120mantis likes this.
  8. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Hang in there!

5120mantis likes this.
  9. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
  10. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    I'm an avid trout fisherman, i have not been on the stream since nov. Its always been on my mind.
    Its a hard thing to go through.

Lionpotato and thunder58 like this.
  11. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Lots of fisherman on the Piermont Pier ( Piermont , N.Y. ) . Hudson River . Get well soon and you'll be out there again before you know it . Let me know if you ever come up this was and fish

5120mantis likes this.
  12. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  13. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Glad you're feeling better 5120mantis. It's tough to go through a prolonged illness like that, but it sounds like you were simply tougher than the disease.

5120mantis likes this.
  14. 5120mantis

5120mantis Country Gent

Mar 6, 2011
    nj
    Necroposting time, saw the Doctor yesterday, my blood test came back good, so i kicked that little bug bites butt!
    Though i feel cruddy for the past two days, he said it could be viral as somethings going around, might even be hay fever. He gave me another round of neds just to be safe.
    I just cant wait to wake up and feel normal. Sick of being sick.

Lionpotato likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice