Unexpected NGD

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Scooter127, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    A buddy called me up and asked, again, if I wanted to buy a guitar. I told him, very truthfully, it wasn't worth crap and I would give him $100 at best. He said "I wouldn't be upset if someone put a $100 bill in my hand for it." Hmmmmm.

I'm the proud owner of a "junky" BC Rich Bronze series Warlock.

The action seems stupid high in the upper frets (fixable, duh) and it's a cheap, made for thrash, guitar, but HOLY CRAP does it play well and the crazy high gain pickups are like nothing I've ever had. What fun! Think "Red House."

And after I get done setting it up better it'll just be funner.

I have an agreement that if I ever sell it (doubtful) I give my buddy first dibs. I reckon the guitar means something to him, which makes it more special to me. I need to put in my will "If Shawn is still alive give the red guitar to him."

Case not included, it was just there for the pic.

I am simply tickled by this.

signal-2019-06-05-215403.jpg

2. Yukimajo

Yukimajo Gretschie

Nov 4, 2018
    Exeter UK
    Nice score! I was a fan of the whole '80s glam scene so have a huge soft spot for BC Rich!

3. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Hard to argue with $100 for that! I have no idea what the market is for them, but at that price, why not? Time to fluff up the hair and get into some leather jeans. :D

4. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I saw them all over the net at prices that varied from $65 to $285.

T Bone likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congratulations, it looks like fun. Now get your metal on.

6. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Now's the time to stock up on Aqua-net hairspray and tigerstripe spandex while it's still cheap... You'll be able whip out Cinderella and Poison cover tunes in no time.:D

7. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    The guy I got it from was THISSSsssss close to making it big and I have a copy of one of his band's promo shots. Aqua-net galore, lol.

As he tells it, and he's not prone to BS, MCA was about to sign him and he parted ways with his band. The MCA deal fell through for him and the remnants of his band more or less became Sevendust.

tartanphantom likes this.
  8. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Haha... Nothing more endearing than naming your band after a pesticide.o_O:rolleyes:

9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    That would be Sevin, lol

10. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Re-spelled to avoid trademark issues, no doubt... I mean, whoever heard of Sixdust or Eightdust?

Now ENdust... Haha... Now THERE'S a band name... But then people would expect you to dress like a French maid. And if you were a prog band, it could be Spacedust... But again, trademark issues.:p:D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  11. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Congrats! Don't poke your eye out:cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice