Under the knife again!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by audept, Nov 21, 2019.

1. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Geez, Wyn, I never realized you were that well aged - am I blind or what, or have you hidden your age earlier? Anyway, take care my friend and do stay away from the sun! I'm wishing you well from way up North.

BTW, I'm quite the opposite what it comes to medication. For instance, when I get a headache I take the usual children's doze of painkiller, 200mg. I mean I've heard my friends take five times that :eek:.

audept likes this.
  2. peterjcb

peterjcb Gretschie

Nov 28, 2017
    USA
    best wishes for your recovery......getting old isn't for sissies....hang in there....

audept likes this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you everyone for your well-wishes and support, it means a lot to me. I love being a part of this special family.

nickurso, JHowdy, radd and 2 others like this.
  4. LA Miles

LA Miles Country Gent

Dec 6, 2012
    UPSTATE NY
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery Wyn - you add a lot to this community...

audept likes this.
  5. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Get better Champ... l wish you well

audept likes this.
  6. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Heal quickly Wyn. We need you around here!

audept likes this.
  7. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Synchromatic

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    Keeping you in our prayers, the smart thing is that you did not wait. Your odds improve with early detection, and removal of the questionable area. I have had several suspect areas removed before the "C" appears, Cancer Sucks, I don't gamble when it comes to the "C". I hope that the pain subsides, and your test come back favorable. Pat yourself on the un-painful side of your back for being wise.

audept likes this.
  8. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Prayers for you and yours audept! You’re the best of the best!

audept likes this.
  9. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Hopes and prayers to you, hope this is one and done.

audept likes this.
  10. Bravefaces

Bravefaces Gretschie

Jan 13, 2014
    Central Australia NT
    My fingers and toes are crossed for a positive outcome mate.

As a Chippy that has spent the vast majority of my working life in the blazing Australian sun at only 42 I have my fingers crossed my stupidity as younger man doesn't come back to bite me . I had a scare around 5 years ago that smartened me up, but the niggling feeling about what I could have and should have done from back in my teens up until that day to better protect my skin does not go away. :(

radd and audept like this.
  11. MikeyUK

MikeyUK Synchromatic

Dec 15, 2016
    Rochdale, GB
    Get well soon. Most likely outcome is benign so try not to worry. Worrying is a useless emotion. Easy for me to say standing here in the rainy winter of north west England

audept likes this.
  12. dak55

dak55 Country Gent

May 31, 2018
    NC
    Heal up quickly Wyn. You know, I remember some stuff from 1969/70 time frame that would have taken care of any pain, but alas I no longer have a source.:p

audept and radd like this.
  13. Here wishing all the best. When your done, you can take the title of this thread and record it to back in the saddle again.

audept likes this.
  14. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I am right there with you my friend. Wishing you a speedy recovery and healing.

audept likes this.
  15. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    hey please tell us the lab report result.
    Should be back very soon :)

audept likes this.
  16. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I'll know tomorrow afternoon when the stitches come out. I'll post the outcome, good or bad.

nickurso and Waxhead like this.
  17. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    I had the same thing years ago. You never forget the procedure. Well 2 musicians drugs don't work for. Sorry man!

audept likes this.
  18. Mend up quickly and feel well.

audept likes this.
  19. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Well the pathology results came back this afternoon and it's not good news. The biopsy showed Melanoma. Apparently I caught it in the early stages so it is not too serious. The stitches from last week's surgery come out tomorrow, but I am scheduled for further surgery in January. The doc says they will take another 10 mm of tissue just to be on the safe side, so back under the knife again for me. It's a bit scary but the prognosis is good for early detection and removal. My aggressively pro-active scheduling of tests and regular checkups is beginning to pay off.

nickurso likes this.
  20. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    Let's start from the fact that you will heal from it completely, won't we? That's what my friends told me one year ago (of a different problem) and that's what we are telling you now! :)

audept likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice