Join Gretsch-Talk Today

UBANGI STOMP Drive boxes in stock ready to ship for Rocktober #iknow

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Oct 6, 2017.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Got 10 UBANGI STOMP Drive boxes in stock ready to ship for Rocktober https://www.thenocturnebrain.com/collections/pedals/products/ubangi-stomp

thenocturnebrain.com's UBANGI STOMP, the Gretsch guys answer to versatile overdrive. Light transparent drive to medium blues singing sustain, to full corpulent wall of crunch and sludge.

[​IMG]

UBANGI STOMP™ - in Aquarium Tank metallic
    You asked me to bring it back, so its coming. a "gritch'stortion" pedal for those who like surf AND turf with their gretsch or any twangy guitar in general. I've even heard of strat and offset players praising heaven with it.
    This one is simple.. take a late 70's White Label bud box R*t pedal & tweak its values and components so when you turn up your old fullerton era amp or vintage brit plexi, you can keep the inherent twang and jangle of your tele or hollowbody gretsch/guild but
    harness that grindy tube clip at decent volume.

I'm upping the boutique ante' of course using silver mica,tantalum caps, metal film resistors, as well as switchcraft jacks for a solid american build. There's an internal trimmer for controlling gain on the low mids end (you can flatten the low mids nicely or snark em), and a socketed *vintage 60's NOS Metal can LM308AH Operational Amp (pre-dates the plastic chip version and its cork sniffing qualities are sweeter IMO).
    [​IMG]
    There's even a position switch inside so you can chose Missionary or Pagan position! :) Missionary is classic tight compressed response (symmetrical clipping) and Pagan is unconventionally loose and uncompressed more bite (asymmetrical clipping) *

2. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal

the secret is out, I kept it till Rocktober.. the box glows in total darkness. whoohoo! I was so excited to add that extra clear coat effect.

[​IMG]

3. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    My favorite Nocturne pedal (I have 2, just in case........)

#1 ranking.jpg

4. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Speaking of that little box of magic.......

5. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    You guys are killing me. I haven't even received my Mystery Brain yet and I'm already thinking about my next Nocturn pedal.

jagROAR_63 and TSims1 like this.
  6. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Synchromatic

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    I haven't played with the Ubangi yet but I will say that Mystery Brain is worth the wait.

TV the Wired Turtle and mbkri like this.
  7. jagROAR_63

jagROAR_63 Gretschie

Apr 20, 2016
    Germany
    Haha same here :)... Will get my MB on sunday !
    I love the colour of this Ubangi's batch.

mbkri likes this.
  8. mbkri

mbkri Synchromatic

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    How do you know its coming sunday? Are they starting to ship out? Did you get an email? Exciting!!!!!!

9. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    You'd love this one. Pairs with the MBrain perfectly for more grind........ ;)

nickurso and mbkri like this.
  10. jagROAR_63

jagROAR_63 Gretschie

Apr 20, 2016
    Germany
    A friend of mine placed the order and I will drive / visit & pick it up on sunday combined with a nice coffee-cake-guitar-amp-pedal-gear-nerd-afternoon :) !

gtttrrr and mbkri like this.
  11. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Thanks to Tony Sims' demo, I just separated myself from some money and ordered one a few minutes ago. Can't wait to try it out along side my Atomic Brain. :)

Tavo's Rocktober 30 dollars off sale was hard to resist too.

TV the Wired Turtle and TSims1 like this.
  12. Leftovermatt

Leftovermatt Gretschie

Jun 13, 2011
    Tacoma, wa
    I recently decided to finally order a nocturne pedal, debates between the ubangi and the atomic, but went for the atomic. Excited to get it next month. Had the price drop occurred before I ordered, it would have been a much harder decision.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  13. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Like tony said the mystery brain/ubangi combo is a great pair and hard to beat.

13DA6804-8F94-4DE9-9428-2535F3D8352E.jpeg

audept, mbkri and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  14. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Great demo

TSims1 likes this.
  15. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Congrats, you'll love the Atomic Brain. Your initial choice was a good one as the Brain is where it all begins, and you'll soon find yourself never turning it off. It improves your total sonic spectrum in a way that IMHO, can only be truly appreciated when you hear it for yourself in a live situation. I watched many video demos on it before purchasing one, but none of them did it much justice compared to how much it truly improved my sound after I received and plugged it in for myself. I think others here had the same experience that I did in that regard. I use it primarily with my vintage Princeton amps, but it works great in front of my solid state Peavey Vypyr as well. Enjoy !!

gtttrrr likes this.
  16. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    Ubangi is a killer pedal! Like Nick, my pedalboard is 3 Nocturne pedals plus tuner :) don't need anything else!

CatTones and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  17. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Here is a 22 second video of the ubangi w a bari strat (texas special bridge blended w dimarzio fasttrackII under the pkguard) and 8" speaker (tonetubby hempcone) a nice dirty kabong..
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BaXJOBhHjdL

dankas11 likes this.
  18. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    no baritone players here? Turn your guitar into a baritone like I did w my strat(heard in the link above). This guy, Jake Kelly will show you how for $13 basically.

gtttrrr likes this.
  19. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Gretschie

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Awesome,, i have an old cheapo japanese guitar from my grandpas collection, been wondrin what to do with it,,, we'll see if the neck will support the bridge cables!

TSims1 likes this.
  20. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Post a vid if you do it!

gtttrrr likes this.