Two day Blizzard

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Thass

Thass Electromatic

Dec 29, 2019
    Palm Desert
    My buddy worked the concession stands at the Bills games and some games were so cold that he would use the walk in coolers to warm up.

2. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    The most snow I have seen in NJ is 3'. @Bertotti do you have pics of this crazy storm you just went through?

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    After going to school in Massachusetts, I decided that I should not live anywhere that can kill you just by being outside.

4. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I hate the snow I grew up in Chicago and that’s why I move south

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    These two are fifteen minutes after I got my vehicle unstuck and out, it was just shy of waist high where I was stuck. BD3E0F3B-CEF6-439A-8548-5FEAA46ED88C.jpeg 36AC9E70-C71B-49C4-84A4-66BBE1F61BAC.jpeg BD3E0F3B-CEF6-439A-8548-5FEAA46ED88C.jpeg 36AC9E70-C71B-49C4-84A4-66BBE1F61BAC.jpeg BD3E0F3B-CEF6-439A-8548-5FEAA46ED88C.jpeg 36AC9E70-C71B-49C4-84A4-66BBE1F61BAC.jpeg

G5422T likes this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have no idea why there is three sets of pictures but it was a few hours after it started.

7. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'm drunk, it is ok.. J/K

that is a lot of snow.

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Here it is plowed out the big pile out back is as high as my loader lifts 8-9’ the drifts on the piles on the low side of the drive are mid thigh to waist high and on the high side shoulder high. I’m 5’7”. A8CB0BEF-F8E7-4D14-B453-0C715558C014.jpeg

Attached Files:

9. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I don’t think we got that much but the wind direction and the tree line cause some massive drifts down 2/3rds of my drive.

10. Drifter

Drifter Gretschie

Dec 27, 2012
    New Jersey
    I am hoping for another light snow season in NJ like last year. I feel for ya!

Bertotti likes this.
  11. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    hey thanks! Does whiskey help? My kids say it will kill you faster according to Myth Buster's special on it.

12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    No, alcohol does not work. It actually thins your blood.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  13. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Same. I was born in Toronto, but I have lived in the south nearly my whole life. Went back to Toronto a week and a half ago, slipped down some icy steps and broke my ankle. Came back to Dallas and if I never see snow again it'll be too soon.

nickurso likes this.
  14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I moved from NJ to FL...and now in SC. The older I get, the colder 50 degrees feels:oops:

G5422T likes this.
  15. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I knew I couldnt trust a St. Bernard for nuttin'!

[​IMG]

Bertotti likes this.
  16. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    My now 16 year old son would disagree:)

bern.jpg

Bertotti likes this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm no doctor I believe the alcohol thins the blood so in the cold I think it will move heat from your core but in the warming, up process, it just might help move heat to your core. Maybe @drmilktruck might have a better answer.

18. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I was gonna move back after my wife passed but last year they had that polar vortex and I took it as a sign. Sorry about your ankle and I don’t blame you

19. RoyClark

RoyClark Electromatic

Apr 13, 2019
    Staffordshire UK
    We've had a frost.

20. not_man_davo

not_man_davo Synchromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    tejas
    Man, I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I hope you're doin' ok.

Strange thing, Chicago is my absolute favorite city in the US, and my second favorite is New Orleans. My folks lived in Barrington for 2 years while I was in college and I lived for the couple of times a year I got to go visit them. (I went to school in Savannah, GA and that place is totally wasted on a college aged kid.)

I lived in New Orleans for about 8 years after I graduated, and had it not been for "the storm" I likely still would. New Orleans is a special place, and if you find friends there, you have found family. It is unlike anywhere else I have lived, and I have lived a LOT of places. Take care of yourself, man.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice