TV Yellow Club, anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by rockinforJesus, Jan 14, 2019.

1. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    CCEDCEE2-63E0-41E3-AED3-A9179DEE9D6F.jpeg 3CE738D4-C734-45A7-B85B-E942DF898BE7.jpeg Let’s keep ‘er going. I was going to start an Orange thread, but...
    Here’s my modded 2014 Gibson Melody Maker.
    Kluson 19:1 tuners, nitro-cellulose overlay on the headstock, badass style adjustable bridge, Gibson reflector knobs, Switchcraft 3-way switch, and a LP Special pickguard. Probably my fave at the moment. Such a comfortable neck, P90’s sound fantastic through my AC15.

T Bone, new6659, Telechamp and 7 others like this.
  2. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    If I had to buy a Les Paul, it would be the LH version of your Les Paul Special, rockinforJesus !

[​IMG]

A+!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  3. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Had a yellow melody maker once upon a time....long gone.

4. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Last one I had was before cameras.

speedicut and wabash slim like this.
  5. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    is butterscotch a kind of tv yellow ?? I think so...

IMG_8849.jpg

This one suffer from rats' urine attack... Huuumm sounds good. Hopefully the neck is recent and almost clean.

new6659, larryb, dak55 and 2 others like this.
  6. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Pre 1840?

dak55 likes this.
  7. afire

afire Country Gent

About 15 years ago I had a Historic '60 LP Special. Not mine, but it was one of these:
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful guitar, played wonderfully and I loved the finish. But it ended up being nothing more than one of my periodic failed attempts to bond with P-90s.

8. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I’m dying for a DC Les Paul special in faded TV yellow and a fat baseball neck. A faded cherry version slipped through my hands a few weeks ago :(

In light of that, I’ll post my “Naiche” ‘53 Esquire clone. I sprayed tinted clear over white blonde, all nitro. Ended up a little too yellow, IMHO.

3E689B5E-0CFB-48FD-8498-619EA917C72D.jpeg

9. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I’d love one, thank you!

Had a black Gib LP slab w/P-100’s, put 90’s in it. Killer.

Stumbled across this a few months ago.

wildeman likes this.
  10. Lizardkinged

Lizardkinged Friend of Fred

Oct 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I've got a 2015 just like yours, except they only had 1vol/1tone on my model year. Same pups.

Ive put the Tusq replacement nut on mine as well as the wilkenson adjustable compensated bar bridge, and gutted the circuit board, threw on a traditi0nal set of tuners. It really compliments my G5125 with Dynasonics, has a little more bite and mids so it's sortof the more ballsy hotter version that can handle more feedback.

rockinforJesus likes this.
  11. Rock Lajoint

Rock Lajoint Gretschie

Nov 16, 2014
    Sussex, England
    Love that Melody Maker, one of those has been on my wishlist for quite a while.

I did wonder at the thread title though because the Yellow Club I truly dream of is the Bamboo Yellow Country Club. When I win 100 million on the lottery, probably in a year or two, I'll have a set of custom shop Gretsches in Bamboo Yellow and Copper Mist.

rockinforJesus and Telechamp like this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    MY TK SMITH Guitar and Nocturne amp.jpg

My TK SMITH Special Telecaster, as they were first called. I cant believe how I thought
    putting my name on a guitar was silly back then, now I'm like :TAVO: on er'r thang pleeeze :)

13. dak55

dak55 Synchromatic

May 31, 2018
    Mills River NC
    Did you Google that or were you around then? :D More like back when you had to buy a roll of film and take it somewhere for processing and it didn't seem as important to take pictures of your stuff, couldn't electronically send it somewhere cuz there was no internet, and if your buddies wanted to see it they would just come over. There's a good chance somewhere in the multiple tubs of photos and negs might exist a pic of a 59? Rambler in Bamboo Yellow, and a 50's something Country Club and Clipper. But I ain't going down that rabbit hole to look for them. Maybe when I get really old I'll have time for that but someone will have to lift the storage tubs for me then.:)

14. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    History nut, actually. First photo was actually in 1826 in France. I used to develop and print my own black and white photos 60 years ago with my Dad. I'm a retired projectionist/stagehand---I was the AV guy in grade school on.

By the way, that is a sweet TV yellow guitar. P-90s on a slab by Gibson is a classic.

15. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Some incredibly advanced playing there on the part of Mickey Baker.

new6659 and dafreeze like this.
  16. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Country Gent

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    No TV yellow here, but if somebody already got away with posting "butterscotch", then I'm posting "taxi cab yellow" and "blonde".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Henry, JC higgy, gtttrrr and 5 others like this.
  17. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

I’d not been very aware of him. From what I’ve briefly read, and would like to read up more on, he was an exceptional guitarist and I beg pardon if I’ve made an understatement. And then I read a bit about his lovely student, music partner. I had no idea.

18. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Don't have any pics by itself. Back right, Gibson Les Paul Jr Special Robot in Faded TV Yellow. Cool color, cool guitar.
    Screenshot_20190114-215245_Gallery.jpg

gtttrrr and rockinforJesus like this.
  19. new6659

new6659 Gretschie

Dec 10, 2018
    Southwestern Ontario
    Check out his jazz guitar instruction books. I have Vol 1 and 2

dafreeze likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice