TV Santa - Odd Story

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by drmilktruck, Aug 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    A man wearing a TV on his head delivered 50 used TVs to houses in a Virginia neighborhood early one recent morning. They were all placed carefully on the porch, facing the door.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-m...-head-no-one-knows-why/?wpisrc=nl_most&wpmm=1

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    CRT TVs. Can't even give 'em away. Costs far more to recycle than they're worth. Basically he's dumping his trash on others.

3. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Residents in Henrico County, Va., woke up this weekend to find old-style TVs outside their doorsteps, and said, "What the heck is that?"

drmilktruck likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Maybe I'll start putting rotary phones on porches in my neighborhood. :eek:

LivingMyDream and Sabato like this.
  5. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    You can do serious time for that. :)

drmilktruck likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Even Goodwill stopped taking them. He’s basically dumping his trash on someone else’s property.

wabash slim likes this.
  7. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    They're distributing the joy that comes with smashing the CRT and witnessing the implosion.

Unlike the destruction of a building as George Carlin explains:

Merc likes this.
  8. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I sort of collect rotary phones, with collect meaning I'll generally buy them when I see them at Goodwill or thrift stores. I have 3 in my home, one of which is so old the body is made of cast metal. I could use it for self defense!

And they all work! Living where area codes are 770, 706 and 678, I never dial with them lol.

9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Bingo.

I saw the article the other day and due to the number of TVs I suspect the culprit owns a repair shop.

Here in the ATL, a guy was busted for dumping tires. Over 100,000 of them, and that's not a typo. He worked for or owned a business that charged people the disposal fees.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cl...-across-metro-in-custody-police-say/946300753

This is just one instance of his shenanigans in Union City, Georgia (a crime ridden <blank>hole of a town)

upload_2019-8-15_12-24-18.png

10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    lol... that’s one way to sell it. There is about 4-8 lbs of lead in the tube and Mercury too. Smashers be ware.

11. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    True, but the lead is in the glass. Now, the cadmium lining on the inside of the screen, that's a different animal. Super toxic!

drmilktruck and Merc like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice