Tru-Arc disappeared or NOT ?!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Manny 86, Sep 11, 2019.

1. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    When I got mine Tim was responsive to every one of my emails as I was trying to decide which one to get. It took awhile to get the bridge after ordering but Tim was clear about that because he had to wait for the next order.

I would buy from him again

2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Are those two on the bottom made of brass?

3. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    I don’t think anyone is criticising Tim (Tru Arc). Manny 86 has made it clear that his dissatisfaction and upset is with F-Holes (Deke) and their apparent lack of interest in their customer who has paid up front and still waiting for a very overdue item with no updates or responses to emails.

I would be very fed up with this situation and feel for Manny 86. It would drive me mad not so much because of the extra time it is taking but the lack of interest and explanation from the seller, that would really get to me.

I bought a TV Jones harness from F-Holes and didn’t have a problem but that was about 7 years ago so maybe things have changed.

Many 86, I am in the UK and if it would help you I would be happy to try to speak to them on your behalf and alert them to the situation and the negative publicity, if nothing else it might get things moving. If you think this would help pm me some details and I will give them a call.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Ricochet, ffooky and Raccoon Jack like this.
  4. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    The OP was a bit confusing, but I'd like to say that I live in Europe and have ordered from Tru-Arc/ Tim Harman with no problems at all. Had to wait for awhile for my custom order, but the timetable was clear right from the start and there were no difficulties with the communication. Yep, the EU custom fees will raise the final price up to the clouds, but it's still worth it!

5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes

6. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I bet one of those would match up just fine with the gold hardware on my Falcon.

7. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    It's a great match for gold hardware.

8. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Would you say there’s a big difference between the brass and the stainless steel?
    Because I am seriously considering spray painting a stainless steel serpentune with a gold rattle can!
    I’m a big believer in the stainless steel.

9. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    The brass is warmer in the low-mid frequencies, the Stainless Steel is brighter and more articulated in the highs. I don't know what the effect of the paint would be.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  10. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    So it’s probably not much different than the Gretsch brass rocking bar I have on there now.
    I wouldn’t imagine the paint would effect the tone of the SS much, considering it would wear off in the grooves almost immediately.
    Tim recommended I get a can of the paint used to touch up brass instruments.

11. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    You caught the point perfectly, you are really very kind to lend help, I appreciate it very much, I thank you!:) A phone call would be very useful, but I warn you, I read here on the forum that answers little on the phone, it must rightly be faithful to its corporate policies, I suppose.

12. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    This impacts my sensitivity:rolleyes:, these bridges are really fantastic. I bought on DBridge, a kind person available and efficient, and I realized that the sound of the brass is not for me, it covers too many frequencies and the guitar to my ears sounds deaf, the original bridge for now remains unbeaten on the sound. I'm glad, however, to have taken a DBridge because it is well built and I recommend it, then on the guitar it looks great,I don't like the sound of brass to understand I had to buy;). What I ordered from F-Holes is titanium and I hope it does not disappoint my expectations, do you even have one in aluminum in this photo? If you think it sounds like the original bigsby bridge or better?

13. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Yes I agree, the brass helps emphasize the wound strings in a wonderful way while the Stainless increased the dynamic string separation to me, but puts a smoothness on the unwound strings that is significantly different from aluminum. Should we talk about the copper one I have on my 1957 Gibson EH-150? Oh gaawd that made me love this guitar soo much more. The sustain and air that was added to the instrument even acoustically is an amazing bonus. F6CD4595-63B7-4A2F-AE3E-FA4C8C933DB8.jpg

RomanS, new6659, audept and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    As I said I am happy to help if I can but you need to pm me with your name, order number etc. if you want me to call them. I have time tomorrow I can’t guarantee they will pick up but I will pm you back and let you know the outcome. I think it’s better that way as your personal details are not available for everyone to see.

15. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Deke posts over on the GDP,so if ya can't get him on the phone try posting a question there.
    http://gretschpages.com/forum/

AFAIK,Deke has a full time job ,as well as F holes .

16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I reached out to Tim to advise this forum post.. stay tuned. Tim is my uncle from another mother.

calebaaron666 and audept like this.
  17. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Hi @Manny 86,

I waited for 5 months my Tru-Arc, but it was a special custom order : Lefty, low-profile, SerpenTune, Stainless Steel...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I worked directly with Tim Harman in USA. No communication problem with him.

His production capacity is small, moreover if it custom models... At the time (2017) he was unexpectedly work-overloaded at machining other products, and apologized for the very long delay, offering me to cancel the order and refund me if I couldn't wait.

I also worked with F-holes for buying Gretsch-to-Gibson humbucker bezels (TVJones). I do not remember problems, but it's a retailer, not the builder...

So I suggest you to contact Tim Harman and explain him the issue : tim@pointclickdrag.com

By the way, @Manny 86 : where are you located in Piemonte ? My wife's family is from Varallo-Sesia (VC) and Orta-San-Giulio (bellissimo paese ! :rolleyes:). One of my Grand'ma was from the region of Susa... ;)

A+!

audept likes this.
  18. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Orders like this explain why someone has to wait. ;)

audept and MTurner like this.
  19. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Yes! you arent kidding :)

audept and Merc like this.
  20. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    They also epitomize the saying, "The early bird gets the worm." :D

audept and Merc like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice