Tru-Arc disappeared or NOT ?!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Manny 86, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    I saw a lot of Tru-Arc bridges here and I wanted to buy one for myself too, my question is dear members, how long have you had one of these expensive bridges?
    The question is addressed to all of you but especially to those like me who are in Europe. Personally I turned to F-Hole, Deke who is in the UK.
    With this are 11 weeks that I wait and I have not received anything yet, the type often does not respond to emails and I found his attitude very unprofessional, personally I begin to worry also because I have already paid more than 200 €. Friends you tell me? Can I sleep peacefully? :confused::(

2. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    No need to worry, Manny. Tim Harman (Tru-Arc) is a good guy. I have bought more than 12 bridges from him. It's not his primary business and sometimes it takes a while if he has no stock, but the wait is well worth it. Most of my bridges are the Serpentune model in Brass or Titanium. The wait is usually longer on the Titanium versions. Shipping down here to Australia can take up to 3 weeks via standard mail. I am surprised that he has not replied to your emails, he is usually pretty good.

3. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Alive and well I think

Proteus, the manufacturer of the Tru-Arc bridges will be attending the Gretsch Roundup this weekend in the Sierras according to @Ric12String who is organizing the event.

Manny 86 and MKunie like this.
  4. G5422T

G5422T Synchromatic

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Good things happen to those who wait.

Manny 86, S. Rock and MKunie like this.
  5. afire

afire Country Gent

Neither Deke nor Tim will swindle anybody.

6. yep, TruArc is still around. Tim usually hangs out on the "other" Gretsch forum. by the way, I agree with what the others are saying about Tim. Tim is a pretty good guy and gets real busy from time to time.

Manny 86 and G5422T like this.
  7. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Check for Proteus on the Gretsch Pages. Tim is a real nice and trustworthy guy, I‘m sure your bridge will be there soon.

Manny 86 likes this.
  8. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    That is a long time to wait for a small metal bar... Whose attitude? F-hole Deke or Tru-arc Tim?

TV the Wired Turtle and Manny 86 like this.
  9. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I once waited over 30 days for a Tru-Arc bridge and I live in the USA.
    It was worth the wait!

pmac11, Manny 86 and dak55 like this.
  10. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Small business can take a little while. Tru-Arc is well worth the wait. Best aftermarket bridge in my opinion. I love mine.

Manny 86 likes this.
  11. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    I do not doubt the quality and professionalism of the producer with whom I HAVE NOT had anything to do. My criticism and concern is addressed to Deke F-Hole, who has a very unprofessional attitude and think that a week ago I asked for news by e-mail and I still haven't received anything. At the time of the order I was warned of a time limit of 6-8 weeks, in my case we are beyond the limit and as a customer who has paid I feel completely ignored, not even an excuse for the delay or explain how long I should still wait. I want to share my experience with you just to prepare you if you decide to buy on this F-Hole UK stores. Do not misunderstand I was aware that time was needed but I was not aware of being ignored by the seller,I can easily wait if someone trusts me, and in any case it is more than two months... I think I was wrong not to order directly from Tim Arman in the States.

12. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Ah...apologies. Apparently I didn’t read carefully enough. I hope you get your bridge very soon.

audept and Manny 86 like this.
  13. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    its not a long time per say, when Tim has to go to his brother in laws metal shop on a day off, and try to get him to stop what he normally does to turn these bridges on the lathe etc..
    Add another two weeks for anything to happen w British customs w packages from the States. Min two weeks lockup when I send a pedal to UK via USPS.com/government mail.
    I hate it so bad I started using FedX even though its like $25 more per shipment. You know exactly where tracking is in the states AND where its always at once it hits the other shore, customs,etc. AND for some reason unknown to be, FedX packages whiz through customs in 4-5 days to the customer. ..but yes Tim is slow as molasses, but faithful and true.

wabash slim, Merc, Ricochet and 2 others like this.
  14. ffooky

ffooky Synchromatic

Aug 21, 2012
    London
    I ordered some pickups from F-Holes and it doesn't seem from this limited sample that their communications have improved. I have no problem with waiting as long as things take but I do appreciate a reply even if it's no more than a recognition.

Manny 86 likes this.
  15. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Gretschie

Jan 11, 2019
    Wokingham
    Thanks for the tip off...I have ordered from F-Holes in the past (some HS Filtertrons that I've since replaced with TVJs bought elsewhere), but had considered the Tru-Arc myself. Turned out that my tuning issues were to do with my nut, which I've now sorted, but I still have that idea I might buy a 'better' bridge.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so please update us when it (hopefully) arrives.

16. Manny 86

Manny 86 Electromatic

Jun 3, 2019
    Italy, Piedmont
    It must be his bad communication model so ... I agree, it's not a problem to wait, especially in orders like these, you know. The fact remains that it is very annoying not to be considered especially in these customized custom purchases, I suppose doing this activity as a fifth or sixth job must be an immensely busy man, or have serious problems with more primitive marketing bases, or both but him He does not know! We have certainly sensed that in the other works he does not deal with economics.

17. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Here's a teaser for you: my last shipment from Tim:
    Tru-arc SerpenTunes x 6 004.JPG

18. unknown fan

unknown fan Gretschie

Aug 7, 2018
    Tn
    Man I want one of those for my 5420T - nice!

19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    When there is a wait list, they should not take your money until they are ready to fill your order (this is what Ethos/Custom Tones and Analogman do). A bridge does not require significant build time so this is pretty lame IMO.

Manny 86 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice