Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Trouble with eBay seller

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by loudnlousy, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Whiteomatic

Whiteomatic Gretschie

Nov 24, 2016
    Arizona
    And there is why the amp got "damaged" by the shipping company, and the shipping company reported it, and he reported it to you, all in less than, what, 4 hours? Cause, you bought it in the evening on sunday, but things don't get shipped till 8am or so on normal business day, which would be monday.
    Yep, he didn't get the price he wanted.
    Another eBay scam.

jagROAR_63 and loudnlousy like this.
  2. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    At least in the USA shipping is practically 24/7. We get residential delivery from ups and FedEx on weekends regularly.

3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Not so over here. Usually we have to calculate for the arrangement of the shipping of very heavy items (more than 90lbs here) about 3 days.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    I asked eBay about it. They told me that after the refund "they are out" but he confirmed, that legally I still have a valid contract that has to be fulfilled. Ebay has the problem that many sellers are cancelling transactions simply for not having to pay their fees. Behind the curtain the transaction is secretly completed. So they should have a serious interest to stop this. But as it seems they have no legal means to do it.

jagROAR_63 likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry Friend of Fred

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I see. If you have a valid contract my suggestion is reading the contract to see if it affects your remedies. Do they have small claims court in Germany where you can bring an action? I imagine that you can quickly spend all claimed damages in legal fees.

Bummer that this happened. Same thing happened to me for a 6131 MY.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  7. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Country Gent

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Sorry to hear this.
    No, there is not a routine for small claims over here. No matter wether you are fighting for EUR 500 or EUR 5.000.000 it is the same procedure. Luckily if have a legal insurance for it.
    ......And it seems that I am going to use it.

Henry likes this.
  8. musicman100

musicman100 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2008
    england
    With respect I would just forget it and move on.
    I think you'll find that your contact is worthless beyond you getting a refund.
    Which you clearly have got already.
    There's no point in getting worked up about it just because you thought you had got a massive bargain.

gretschbo and TW4990 like this.