Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Trashed Annie project on EBay.

Discussion in 'Vintage Gretsch Discussion' started by wildeman, Jul 8, 2018.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Probably for you or me since we both seem like to work for less than $2.00 per hour, and lose money on guitar we build or rescue from the trash heap. :) I figure we both could put an easy $550.00 in parts in it and an undetermined amount of time not less than 100 hours. Guys like us it is a labor of love right, or is just plain old entertainment? Been there many times check out this one I did for love of the sport. Lost my @$$ :) http://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/ric-rescue-a-moron-did-this-to-a-60s-rickenbacker-345t.75521/

Attached Files:

Flouswa likes this.
  2. englishman

englishman Gretschified

Apr 5, 2014
    Detroit
    I remember that thread. You did a great job and it's for sure not about the money, I've had no illusions that I was ever going to make much of a profit with these things. I always want to rescue these things, I can't afford to buy a vintage guitar in good shape so the logic is to pay twice as much fixing a junker up. But it's like the frog in the pan of water, the heat is applied gradually and by the time the frog realizes it's getting too hot it's too late.

3. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    Just noticed that. If I could grab it for $300 I think I would. But we’ll see what it ends up going for in 5 hours...

4. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    Wow that Ric turned out absolutely stunning

5. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Anyone catch what it went for? I just got in and somehow missed ito_O

6124Bassman likes this.
  6. 6124Bassman

6124Bassman Gretschie

May 20, 2018
    Tempe, Arizona
    I just checked too.

Sold for $511

7. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    So, a member here just got a sweet 5120 with hard case for that much. I know what I'd buy.

rcboals, Flouswa and MTurner like this.
  8. rockintron

rockintron Electromatic

Jun 17, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    Man i love the beat up look, too bad it needs alot more than some electronics..

j.s.c and englishman like this.