Top 5 pedal bucket list for 2019

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Mar 12, 2019.

1. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    1. Eventide H9
    2. Nocturne Mystery Brain
    3. Chandler Tube Driver
    4. Strymon Blue Sky
    5. Digitech Whammy

I would trade 1 choice for a mythical volume pedal that doesn't suck tone.

Lionpotato, Freshy and Merc like this.
  2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Sorry, I can’t hear you. There seems to be an echo here. :)

Lionpotato, Merc and Alberta_Slim like this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Reverb is excellent. I've had stuff languish on Kijiji for a three weeks that gets snapped up within a few days of being posted on Reverb.

Merc and JParry335 like this.
  4. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    The Flint is a great pedal. Go for it...:D

5. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    Check out the Strymon Deco for that kind of chorus.

audept likes this.
  6. JParry335

JParry335 Electromatic

Jan 22, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I should probably give Reverb a whirl. How do you handle shipping? Have you found there to be an average cost for shipping a pedal or two?

7. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    I don't want anything new.
    I'm downsizing and have 8 pedals for sale cheap in Buy, sell section :)

Lionpotato likes this.
  8. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Gretschie

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    1. EHX B9 - concerned though, does it still drone if you use an isolated power supply ? I would hate to have it on board and have to run its own power supply
    2. JAM pedal Rattler, Rat clone..To fill a tonal niche that I don’t currently have, but again I don’t think I really need it..and while I have a Ubangi stomp that I mainly use in its intended low gain application I suspect that I may be able to tweak my Ubangi to sound similar
    3. Mystery Brain..for a minimal roots rock set up, with the Ubangi in front ...although I do have a Rumble Seat pedal already ...what can I say I’m a gear glutton
    4. An AnalogMan King of Tone...but it’s too expensive and frankly I think I get this type of tone more than satisfactorily using a Barber Direct Drive v2 into a Greer Lightspeed..but I’m still intrigued
    5. A fuzz that gives me a retro fuzzrite tone but that is more controllable and can have a buffer before it..I have a Catalinbread fuzzrite but it is so accurate that it is hard to get the fuzz to volume tone right, I think I may need to tame it with my ParaEQ set after it...and it definitely needs to be in front of any buffers

Merc likes this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    My fave pedals this year are:

*Nocturne Mystery Brain
    *Alexander Sky 5000
    *Neunaber Neuron
    *Mooer Radar cab sim
    *Strymon DIG

Unfortunately(or fortunately?)they are not “bucket list” because I own them.

TV the Wired Turtle, Merc and Freshy like this.
  10. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Very similar pedals IMO. Do you have a favorite between the two?

11. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I have found the average for me has been $15-20 in the States and that’s even for the big heavy dual Boss pedals like RC-20. And for that price it included that I had added Signature required as well as the Reverb protection (both cost a couple of bucks, not sure if I’ll do the protection thing in the future). Reverb has a thing you can estimate shipping by typing in the weight and size of box. And after you sell you can pay for shipping through Reverb if you want and simply print label and drop off. It’ll give you options between USPS and UPS. When you sell it’ll even give you a packing slip.

As a new seller, they’ll hold the payment until the package is delivered for the first couple of sellings. You can also type in your routing number and bank info and they’ll deposit it straight into account number. If I remember right Reverb lowered the percentage of their cut for doing so.

JParry335 likes this.
  12. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    I’m hoping to test one out soon. I won’t be buying anytime soon, pending some eye surgery and unknown expenses associated therewith.

Alberta_Slim and Merc like this.
  13. Merc

Merc Synchromatic

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Gives you something to look forward to.

14. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    Yep, and I’ll be looking forward with new lenses in my eyes. I’ve had some perplexing vision issues of late and found out that I have cataracts. Easy enough to fix; they don’t even knock you out for the surgery.

Bertotti, Alberta_Slim and Merc like this.
  15. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Quite honestly, not similar at all.

Sky 5000 is an ambient machine with dripping infinite reverbs, shimmer, octaver, and yes assorted delays..........

DIG is a digital delay with some great sounds.

Freshy likes this.
  16. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    I'm in Toronto, and within Canada I've shipped as far as Victoria on the west coast, and Newfoundland on the east. Each time it was about 22 bucks for shipping a pedal via Canada Post regular parcel. You can handle shipping costs a few ways. I usually just list the cost plus $20 in shipping. If I lose a few bucks on a long distance shipment, no worries, I make it back on the next closer shipment. I've used Canada Post to ship pickups to California and Florida, it was only about 20 bucks. With bigger items (like amps and guitars) just list $100 shipping, and note in the body of your ad that the shipping cost is an estimate, and will be worked out based on the location of the seller. I shipped a small 5W practice amp to a guy in Washington DC that way. Sent it Canada Post, it arrived four days later.

new6659, JParry335 and Merc like this.
  17. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Very fickle. Remove that VO-1.
    I’m hot on the ES-5 this week. I would own one if I was in Saskatoon.

New pedals and order:
    Boss ES-5.
    Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B.M. or C.A.B.
    Neunaber Iconoclast. There was one for sale not long ago here. It may show up at the guitar sale in April.
    Unidentifed pedal to interface with balanced effects units*
    Missing the phaser on my old Peavey Heritage. Anyone know what will do that sound?
    see @ 4:00 of this video

and 3:30 of this video, he calls it a well known phaser.

*Maybe someone could help me with this. I recently listened to a whole lot of Guitar Nerds podcast episodes and some GAK podcast episodes. At some point [Matt?] says he may buy some rack versions of certain effects, but thinks they may have balanced inputs and outputs. Earlier in the same episode [Joe?] mentions a new pedal that will do just that, and laughs, “Who would ever need that?” What is that pedal? Or am I confusing the Radial Twinline?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  18. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Me too. Except the few that I will have the time to built, maybe... Or some vintage derelict abandoned items... I mean : I have nothing on target.

I remember a Fuzz that I made some years ago that captured SW RF noises and mixed it with the guitar signal. You could vary the noise shape, intensity and tone by turning your guitar knobs and switching pickups. On some settings, the noise was triggered by the notes you played : really interesting :cool: !

Like an idiot, I noted nothing, took no picture about it... Idiot, yes. :mad: I'll try to retrieve how I obtained this... and built a definitive stompbox ! :confused:

A+!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    new6659 and Waxhead like this.
  19. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Aha - I will. Thanks.

20. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Been there and done that. It’s true, it’s not a huge deal, they do them one at a time and you wear a patch over the eye for a while after surgery. I didn’t have cataracts but lifelong severe myopia - so bad laser couldn’t touch it, so this is what was recommended. Since then my vision has changed very little, so now I can get away with quite weak glasses many years later. Hope it goes smoothly, you’ll get plenty of Ativan or some other good relaxing dope so you won’t even care what’s going on. :p

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice