Took Farrah out on a date

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by sh4rkbyt3, Apr 14, 2019.

1. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Since I've been working so many hours at the refinery with this shutdown my free-time has virtually vanished except for my one day off (Sundays).
    A very good friend and great musician (Dustin) asked me to stop by with my new 5420 someday so he could check it out. I don't think he's ever played a Gretsch before? Drove to the music store where he works at and set the case on the floor and told him to open it up. He just sat there for a few seconds admiring/drooling over "Farrah" my SnowCrest White 5420. He took it out and did some classic scales on it and got a feel for it and then proceeded with some of his own playing. He absolutely loved it!
    Another one of the salesman came over and went through the same introduction hahaha. He fell in love with it even faster and played some rockabilly and smooth jazz on it. Then proceeded to tell me how many Gretsch's he once had and how much he hated getting rid of everyone of them but is now seriously considering getting a replacement after seeing and playing mine.

But wait, there's more...

Dustin and I left the store as he had a gig lined up at a local bar with another mutual friend (Genesis). I listened to 3-4 songs of their first set and told Genesis I'd be back. Walked out to my truck and walked back in with Farrah but left her in the case and set it in front of him. He had no idea what was inside so he opened the case and just sat there for a good 20-30 seconds looking at it. "OMG that is the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen" was his reply. I told him to plug it in and have a go at it. He adjusted the pre-amp and semi got used to the Bigsby and off he went with Chuck Berry and Johnny B Goode. Next up, Chris Isaak Wicked Ways which he absolutely owned! Then Tracy Chapman's Gimme One Reason, what a performance!!! You could tell he was loving every note of it. He told me he had owned a few Gretsch's that he had let go of over the years as well and said he definitely has to get one and soon!
    Even someone from the audience came up and asked me "OMG how in the hell could you afford that, it's got to be at least 40-50yrs old". LOL "nope", I told him it was a 2018 to the best of my knowledge and I'd only had it maybe a month and it was new. He thought it was a much older Gretsch and a lot more expensive after I told him what I'd paid for it.

So what a night !

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Hooked another one!

Charlie westside and sh4rkbyt3 like this.
  3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    We are the most proselytic group of guitar players on the planet.

4. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Well you've done a good job here, I can attest to that :)!

Charlie westside likes this.
  5. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Invasion of the guitar snatchers, my 5420 is the pod!

Charlie westside and wabash slim like this.
  6. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Very cool sh4rkbyt3! I have a Snow Crest White 5420, too. I got it in late 2015. A little over a year ago, I found a Tennessee Rose in great condition that talk me into taking it home. I thought I would be letting the 5420 go, but so far I just can't bring myself to do it. The 5420 is a great guitar, with it's own special voice.

7. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Sounds more like you pimped Farrah out than took her on a date ;). Just teasing ya. I played out last week and the bassist and I switched instruments for a couple jams and he also loved the gretsch.

8. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    That’s fun! The white 5420’s are so hot!

I lent my 2622T with TV Classics to a dear friend of mine who is thinking of coming to Gretsch. Because it sounded so amazing when he used it at a band practice, the rest of his band had a meeting and all demanded that he get one.
    I’m thinkin’ he’s gonna be holding on to it for a while. I told him he can keep it as long as it takes him to get his own.

sh4rkbyt3 likes this.
  9. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    I don't think I could let go of either of my Gretsch's to be honest. That sound I know I can't get from any other guitar and it sticks with you.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  10. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Hahahah well I kinda guess...sorta...oh alright you're right lol. It was fun seeing the looks on peoples face though who know guitars and their reaction just like "WOW".

Henry likes this.
  11. sh4rkbyt3

sh4rkbyt3 Gretschie

Mar 8, 2019
    Elkton, MD
    Ahh so you're hooking them too I see :D, and me without a license to fish, go figure.

12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    She was in your guitar case? :D

[​IMG]

(Sorry, you're probably too young to know Farrah Fawcett nee Majors.)

Lionpotato and Tele295 like this.
  13. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    My brother had the famous bikini poster on his wall. It’s a 70’s thing.

drmilktruck likes this.
  14. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Sounds to me your Farrah
    is Mesmerizing!!
    We Gretsch owners are very proud of our Awesome guitars.
    The Gretschie count continues to grow.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice