Tony Bacon Interview with Duane Eddy

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by drmilktruck, Apr 25, 2019.

1. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    From Reverb.com, prolific guitar book author Tony Bacon interviews Duane Eddy.

https://reverb.com/news/interview-duane-eddy-bacons-archive

It's also Mr Eddy's 81st birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Duane.

2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Duane is a true gentleman. I had the privilege of meeting, and speaking with him at NAMM, a few years back. I came away very positively impressed with the man, his character and the humble nature he exudes. I heard him on the radio as a youngster. I was familiar with his name, although it was sometime later that I learned the names of some of the songs I heard associated with Duane Eddy. I’ve always loved that rolling style, the bassy sound of his guitar and the feel of his playing, strong, but never harsh.

The interview was interesting. He came across as a sincere fellow and certainly is not egotistical, in the slightest.

drmilktruck likes this.
  3. Sonny Strimple

Sonny Strimple Country Gent

May 8, 2011
    Western Maryland
    I bought many of his albums when I was a teenager. Songs of our Heritage (1960-61) is one of my favorites.
    He is very talented and probably helped Gretsch to sell many guitars!

4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    We love Duane and Deed! Kind, big hearted people who are genuine through and through. Young people need to pay attention to the contribution that Duane has brought to American music, he is a Giant. A soft spoken Giant with a HUGE Twangin Gretsch guitar tone that rattles your bones. He turned my Dad onto guitar as a kid the second his music hit the airwaves along w Chet. From my childhood, the stereo console would throb with haunting sounds of his original tones. The Lonely One will always be my #1. and that DeArmond oil can trem sound w tank verb (not spring mind you, chamber)

Duane Eddie Deed Eddie w Vegas.jpg

5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Fantastic photo!

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  6. drmilktruck

drmilktruck Gretschified

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    +1!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice