Tonight’s pedalboard shots

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TSims1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I’ve gotta say, I’m really happy this forum led me to Tavo’s stuff. The Shrunken Brain is ALWAYS in, and the Detroit Casket is my #1 go-to kick-in-the-pants.

473B133A-A6CC-4DCC-A4F9-177A7BCF1516.jpeg

D063E1DC-877E-49D5-AB99-7217307E24F2.jpeg

2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    is that EQ feeding after the DC Fluid Drive?

3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Do you have a separate board for Reverb’s?

4. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Interested in pedal order. What is your signal chain? Thanks T

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ...... you're not going to start a new pedal day thread , are you ? Hey , any new guitars lately ? ....lol

TSims1 likes this.
  6. Lionpotato

Lionpotato Gretschie

Oct 10, 2018
    Upland
    Very cool setup! Looks like you can cover a lot of territory. I like the Brain on my board as well.

TSims1 likes this.
  7. Is part of the act selecting the correct pedal? My feet would hit every pedal other than the one i wanted. At best i have two or three pedals, spaced a few inches apart , and i still hit the wrong one on the fly.

benjwri, calebaaron666 and TSims1 like this.
  8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Yes, the EQ comes post-drive section. It’s really only there to brighten up my global tone if I need it depending on room/mix/humbuckers etc. Since my amps are iso’d offstage, I can’t get to them to adjust on the fly........hence that EQ.

Lionpotato likes this.
  9. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

No, my verbs are there.

The Flint does my light and medium verb duties, and with that shared favorite switch(the little white one next to the Flint.....the left button goes to the Flint, the right button goes to the DIG)I have essentially two channels of reverb preset there.

Then above it, the Alexander does my heavy verbs and ambient duties. That has four programmable presets as well.

So in actually, I have 6 different reverbs available at my feet at any given time in an efficient use of space.

Lionpotato likes this.
  10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hahahaha....! Yeah, I’ve got my drill down pretty well at this point. I ought to incorporate a loop switcher in all honesty.......but the crazy part of me says the challenge of the dance is keeping my mind sharp. LOL

pmac11 and Lionpotato like this.
  11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    That`s exactly what I thought.
    It makes managing this setup a lot easier.

I thought of building a nice board for some months just to have maximum versality for an upcoming project and found at an really early stage that I will need a loop-switching device to organize all that.
    To emulate this I already used three bypass-switches and grouped two or three pedals behind them. But even then you usually would have to stomp on two switches to change the sound. Further more I would need at least one more delay if I would use a system like that.
    So the route to go with my board would be a loop-switcher

TSims1 likes this.
  12. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Like I said though, I’m a little crazy in that I actually enjoy the intellectual terror of having to choose the right combinations lighting quickly in real time! LOL

loudnlousy and blueruins like this.
  13. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I use the Boss ES5 but instead of a patch per song I basically have standard templates and use it to select presets. I'm thinking of taking to off as I want to add back a volume pedal and it takes up so much space.

14. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Nice board Tony, and not just the pedals, but it's also sooo neat.

Lionpotato and TSims1 like this.
  15. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Hey thanks. Yeah, I really like my life neat and organized in general.......and I’ve turned into a big fan of the Temple Audio boards. Nice and lightweight, yet durable, and a TA board with a big bag of heavy duty zip ties and you are ready to rock. I was actually swinging my pedalboard upside down last night showing some of the other players what a great worry-free system that is.

16. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    i want your DIG settings.. I've still not adjusted to it as well as my El Capi

TSims1 likes this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

The here picture shows my usual settings if that helps?

18. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I’m smitten with my Detroit Casket. I keep my mystery brain on abby at all times for my base tone, and use the casket to push it as needed. I’ve played with the knobs quite a bit, but I’ve found that it meets my needs perfectly with everything at noon.
    It’s the best drive pedal I’ve ever used.

19. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

My fave too. And I’ve tried lots.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  20. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Where didn’t Neunaber make the scene?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice