" Thinking " about a NGD - wudda ya guyz think

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by thunder58, Oct 6, 2019.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    If hendrix used a tele, I would say prove it. Here's factual proof of his gretsch, the only guitar worth recording with.

"big hands I know youre the one"
    [​IMG]

thunder58 likes this.
  2. Stefan87

Stefan87 Electromatic

May 20, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    I was looking for a CV as a cheap project (just cosmetic) but ended up picking up a 2017 affinity at a price I couldn't pass up and found myself playing it a lot, more just as a pick up and noodle guitar, so from my recent experience, I think if you can get a squier for a great price, then they are a great guitar for the money and purpose.

Mine is a Chinese built model and was a bit skeptical at first but no issues with fit, finish and quality so maybe the newer ones are a bit better made.

May even look t getting another Tele in the future, any way so I say go for it.

emitex and thunder58 like this.
  3. LongJohn

LongJohn Gretschie

Apr 22, 2016
    Queens, NY
    Good luck at the Martin show, at least that one comes with a case. :D

thunder58 likes this.
  4. toddfan

toddfan Synchromatic

Mar 12, 2012
    Kansas

I also thought it was a great, beautiful guitar...loved the aged look of the neck finish combined with that orange body. Like you though, I always "think" I want a Tele when I see one...but, I have found that I just do not bond with them (not saying that part is "like you"...lol. That is totally just "me".) Sorry it didn't work out for you with the G&L. I hope that you love this one though!

Sabato and thunder58 like this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I'm still torn on getting one ...lol. Just not sure . There great guitars and the G&L was beautiful , but still torn . I'm more of an acoustic guy too so the Martin may be first choice . Then I'm thinking of putting a Vibramate / Bigsby on the Tele but how much can one put into it and then resale ? Oh well , time will tell .............

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice