" Thinking " about a NGD - wudda ya guyz think

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by thunder58, Oct 6, 2019.

1. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ...... that's the part that makes me sick :p

2. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ...... enabler ....lol

CousinWarsh likes this.
  3. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    So here's the funny thing guys , I had purchase a G&L Tele guitar from member @toddfan last year , but it just wasn't for me . Beautiful guitar all the way around too and toddfan was a pleasure to deal with too . But every time I walk into Guitar Center I play a Tele and just can't seem to put it down . 2 different animals I guess

toddfan likes this.
  4. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Electromatic

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    oh yeah! we have a thinline lover, hello brother!

emitex likes this.
  5. emitex

emitex Synchromatic

Aug 21, 2014
    NYC
    Guilty as charged Gooball Jeff!... LOL. Hollow bodies are my favourites. Show us a pic of yours if you can. :- )

ZackyDog and GOOBALL JEFF like this.
  6. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Electromatic

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    wah lah! body was built and painted by me. I love thinlines they resonate really well. lovin the bigsby btw, and loving the classic vibe thunder! thumbnail_IMG_8202.jpg

Merc, thunder58, emitex and 1 other person like this.
  7. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    I have a Squier Tele i got in 1988 that cost $200 back then and it's a great guitar. Then again, $200 in 1988 bucks is over $400 now so it's not the best argument.

I also have a Squier Thinline I got a couple years ago and it's a GREAT guitar, although it's on the high end for Squiers. I *think* it has the same pickups as the true Fender model. It's one of these: https://www.davephillipsmusicstore....ge-modified-72-tele-thinline-natural/15623335

Squier has low end complete crap and some really great stuff on the higher end.

8. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Country Gent

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Do it Ritch. You won't regret it. My buddy Dave picked one up months ago. It sounds great and you can't beat the price.

thunder58 likes this.
  9. tdtom

tdtom Gretschie

Oct 26, 2018
    new zealand
    I don't have a Tele (yet) but a thinline with Bigsby would fit most nicely in my collection. Go for it Thunder... whatever one you choose. if you can play it before purchase, so much the better. G L W T Q. (good luck with the quest.

thunder58 and Bertotti like this.
  10. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Another one"

thunder58 likes this.
  11. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Rich, the Squier CV Teles really are as good as they say. I have American, Mexican, Indonesian and some custom Teles and the CVs hang with the best of them. You will not regret this purchase.

thunder58 likes this.
  12. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Country Gent

Aug 23, 2008
    chasing the dragon
    I bought one a couple of years ago, made in China. The only difference between mine and the "new" ones is that my barrel saddles are brass rather than chrome. A great guitar - pull the trigger.

thunder58 likes this.
  13. Zeek

Zeek Gretschie

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    This thread was started yesterday at 7am ......

Did you get the Tele yet?

Pics please.

thunder58 likes this.
  14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I wonder, with his drive for Martin I can't help but say its a 50/50 chance he will return with the D Jr Martin.

thunder58 likes this.
  15. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I recently bought a squire tele for playing in the street and it’s a great guitar. I looked at this model also but I didn’t want to wait

thunder58 likes this.
  16. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Synchromatic

Oct 22, 2015
    Don't buy the guitar; save the money in a low interest savings account so it's there when you're dead....or not. I'd buy the guitar, for sure.

Sabato, Zeek and thunder58 like this.
  17. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Interesting video; I chose guitar A which I believe is the subject guitar. I love the neck pickup sound.

I think Hendrix used a Tele where most people think is a Strat.

thunder58 likes this.
  18. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    .... you know me too well . I'm actually going to a Martin roadshow / event at the end of the month . Might buy one then . Easier to come home with it on that night and just say , " honey , look , I won the door prize tonight !! "

Bertotti likes this.
  19. Sabato

Sabato Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Let's see, ok, Stratocaster Stratocaster Stratocaster Stratocaster...
    Short Summary of Jimi Hendrix's Equipment
    As far as electric guitars, Jimi Hendrix is mostly known for playing Fender Stratocasters. A few worth mentioning here is certainly the early 1960s white Stratocaster – which was allegedly the only guitar Jimi had with him when he first came to England. There’s also a 1963/64 Fiesta Red Stratocaster that he painted and then burned on stage at Monterey Pop Festival, and a black 1968 Stratocaster with a maple neck that was allegedly his favorite. But perhaps, the most notable of them all was the 1968 white Fender Stratocaster that Jimi played during the Woodstock festival on August 16, 1969. https://www.groundguitar.com/jimi-hendrix-gear/

20. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Yes, of course he used a Strat. Most of the pictures I've/we've seen are with his Strats.

But he also used other electric guitars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] upload_2019-10-7_17-4-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-7_17-5-12.jpeg upload_2019-10-7_17-5-59.jpeg

Back to the Telecaster.

I can't locate the article/source, but Hendrix purportedly used Noel Redding's Tele on Hey Joe and did some overdubs with it on other songs from...

[​IMG]

It certainly sounds like a Telecaster on Hey Joe, even if there isn't any photographic/video-graphic proof.

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice