Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Things that people throw away II

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Ricochet, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Back in November this miss showed up at the house. Barely 3lbs, starving, with a huge wound on her belly infested with maggots. Now she runs our household. Meet Sweet Pea.
    4933CC2D-E75A-4B6A-8316-D1CE55EC2B7B.jpeg

2. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Get some kitty nail clippers and clip them to a dull point every 2 weeks or so. Helps a bunch.

Oldfingers and Ricochet like this.
  3. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA

That's a pretty Calico.

4. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    In that this has turned into a cat thread, here's our two buddies. We call the gray maine coon "Pepper" and the yellow tabby "David," and yes, they run the house. When they're not sleeping that is.

20171106_084001.jpg 20170802_004311.jpg
    20180211_220603.jpg
    20180211_221215.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    I have always loved Maine Coons. I have heard that are almost Dog like. Which is funny but my chow chow was very cat like.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gretschman2 and Ricochet like this.
  6. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

I found a weird looking stray in the park about thirty years ago. Matted hair, could hardly walk, just kept making this odd mewling noise.

When she sobered up, she wasn't too bad and now we've got two kids.

7. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    From the picture, I’d say 6 or 7 weeks old. You did the right thing Rick. I’m allergic to vets too, but one Zyrtec a day takes care of that. Right now, there’s a 10 week old Siamese kitten on my chest, curled up, purring and occasionally giving me a little squeak. I spent four days and drove 3,000 miles round trip to get her and have no regrets.

DrSetzer, T Bone, Ricochet and 2 others like this.
  8. JLD4133

JLD4133 Country Gent

May 10, 2011
    Mequon, WI
    Richochet, and all you adoptors, you are doing God's work. Animals are the most innocent creatures, and deserve far better than the fate of many at the hands of man.

9. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson, AZ
    Admin Post
    I rescued a cat years ago and had 10 years of love in return. Sadly, she died, but I had 10 years of living gratitude.

loudnlousy, Joe90, audept and 3 others like this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
  11. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Tnx I'll look into the Zyrtec. I was taking Methylprednisolone(sold as Medol) for years, but it's a steroid, and after my little healthscare I stopped taking it.

I have the kitten at 5 weeks since the molars have not come through yet. I suppose poor conditions could do that.

12. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
  13. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Molars! Weird I was trying to come up with a name for her and was thinking about molasses!

T Bone likes this.
  14. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Meow Tse Tung
    Bartholomew
    Miss Kitty
    Eartha Kitty

My dog thinks her name is Abbie Move! Our cat is often referred to as Piglet.

I'm really lucky on the vet situation. One clinic is 5 minutes away, and the vet was a USAF vet for military dogs. Another clinic is ten minutes away. Luckily, for serious issues, the Purdue Vet School, one of the best in the nation, is ten minutes away. Vets are great diagnosticians. They can't ask the critter where it hurts, what's wrong. They have to be able to figure it out.

Ricochet likes this.
  15. Willie D

Willie D Gretschie

Feb 11, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    I'm certain my dog was a dumped pup, just the tiniest furball of cuteness I found between some boxes one summer day while cleaning out the garage. He hung around long enough that I decided he was mine.

Best friend I've ever had. I brought him into my marriage - and my wife is not fond of dogs - but she LOVES him.

The ones you literally rescue are the best. He's rescued me back a time or two as well.

Mr. Lumbergh and Ricochet like this.
  16. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    And there's always Catty Meow Meow.

Some sort of alien told me about it. I think his name was Alfie.

Russ

wabash slim likes this.
  17. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    A bloke at this afternoon's beer call told me about picking up a Rickenbacker amp at the place where he works. He works at our local garbage dump.

All that what was wrong with it is that it had a US voltage setup. By the way, someone had cut the transformer out.

He's feeling pretty cool now.

You never know.

Russ

18. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    And then there were two...

Word got out I adopted a kitten. So 2 days ago somehow another one magically appeared on our doorstep....Gee thx neighbour. Looks the spitting image of the first, just one size smaller.

They're unbelievable cute together, but I'm starting to feel the strain of responsibility getting to me somewhat.
    My daughter has no problems with adult cats, but gets totally hysterical when they get near. So I have to lock'm in a large bird cage for most of the day. Not what I had in mind. Plus the frickin allergy is killing me. First world problems right?

Also I still haven't named them because I can't tell what gender they are. Thinking about Frick&Frack? Stan&Olly? Maybe something orange, and/or tigerstripe themed...Orville & Gibson, Fred & Dinah?

audept and G DynaTron like this.
  19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Lol. Good news is 2 cats is not much more work than 1 unless they start fighting.

Dude, I heard on Facebook you're opening an animal shelter so my aunt's cousins nephew is bringing some strays by for you to help.

Name Pat and Kelly.

20. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    One of my neighbours ended up with 27 cats that way. Who are Pat and Kelly?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018