Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Things that people throw away II

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Ricochet, Feb 9, 2018.

1. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Many years ago, there was a scraggly, thin black cat that showed up on our doorstep. My, then, wife got it a bowl of milk, because it looked like it was starving. I told her that if she put that milk down, she needed to be prepared for that cat to stay with us for the rest of it's life. She put down the milk, and over the next few weeks "Midnight" recovered to become the most beautiful and loving cat I had ever known. As the years went on, she would hear my car coming home, be sitting on the sidewalk at the end of our street, race me home, wait for me on the walkway to the front porch, then lay down and roll over so I could spend some time rubbing her tummy, and just spending a little time petting her. I'm a firm believer that rescued pets know that they've been rescued.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    All of our critters have been strays or "farm fresh". Sister in law works at a shelter in KY, wife works at a large auto dealership that's like a big family where litters of puppies and kittens are spread out amongst the workers. I find that mutts are one of my favorite breeds.

3. Junior94

Junior94 Gretschie

Jul 29, 2017
    Texas
    I don't have parents permission for this feel trip. You did a good thing. That little cat is adorable

Mr. Lumbergh and Ricochet like this.
  4. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Country Gent

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    So many cats, so few recipes.

5. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    How could you not...

My cat was also a stray,she was only a few months old according to the vet, she just turned up at the door one day,i let her in, give her some milk .
    Found out the next door neighbor had took her in a few days before ,his cat didn't get on with her though,he had to keep them separated, so she ended up with us!

We had 14 years together.

DrSetzer, Oldfingers and Ricochet like this.
  6. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Stir fry!

The best thing about cats is four drumsticks!

russmack and Ricochet like this.
  7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Country Gent

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Adorable, and good onya for saving them. Winston was also from a dumped litter, but having him greet me at the door after a long day at work is often the highlight of my day.

Oldfingers and Ricochet like this.
  8. Mr. Lumbergh

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    There are two universal truths to having either pets or children:
    1. They will wreck some of your stuff.
    2. You will, sooner or later, have poo on your hands.
    But I'll add a third:
    1. It's well worth it.
    EDIT: Anyone know how to edit the "list" function to make the last #3? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  9. Mr. Lumbergh

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Yeah, they're picky and you gotta give them variety. :)

Henry and Ricochet like this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Doing relatively well. It’s however causing quite a bit of commotion with the inlaws. I bought a large bird cage to keep it safe when I’m out the door. He bought what for how much?!
    Also, my little princess seems less enamored with the idea of sharing daddy’s affection.
    The kitten allready seems quite attached to me. Literally too. I wonder if I’m doing the right thing here.
    Her left eye infection seems to clear up nicely just by regularly wiping it with a tissue dipped in mineral water.
    Amazing what a roof, a good meal, and a bit of care can do. My inlaws really ought to take note...

3DD315D1-A942-497A-8E1D-99E42CAEB6EE.jpeg

Wulfgang, T Bone, JC higgy and 4 others like this.
  11. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Just be careful not to mistake the kitty for a pedal. :p

Ricochet likes this.
  12. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    This Kitty’s got claws!

54F6FBC2-B8FD-4F04-8835-17F79BE301B4.jpeg

JC higgy and wvincagold like this.
  13. Daktari9

Daktari9 Gretschie

Dec 17, 2010
    Australia
    About 12 years ago I was living in Cammeray,{over priced Sydney suburb}.I went for a run one morning and along the side of the footpath someone had thrown out a large plastic box.I opened it up and there wasn't a cat inside but a working Fender Rhodes piano 73 model.I raced home and got my truck took it home and plugged it in.Yes it worked with a couple of flat notes.I ended up selling it on eBay for a good profit.It went towards more gear of course.

Ricochet likes this.
  14. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    Lottsa garlic, maybe with some chilli. Aw yes - don't forget the ginger.

lol

Russ

Ricochet likes this.
  15. Joe90

Joe90 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Canada
    There's a special place in Hell reserved for people who leave pets abandoned at roadside.

[​IMG]

Good on you for taking in the little waif. It'll need some vaccinations soon.

16. Mr. Lumbergh

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Garlic and onions aren't good for them. Dunno about ginger.

Ricochet and russmack like this.
  17. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Say good bye to speaker grilles, furniture, curtains---anything claws can shred. Toilet paper.

Get a scratching post, covered litter box (trust me), catnip, and a laser pointer. Have fun.

Ricochet likes this.
  18. Mr. Lumbergh

May 14, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Cover the front of your amps with cardboard when you're not using them. Place spray bottles of water in various locations throughout the house to reprimand them.

wabash slim and Ricochet like this.
  19. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    At 8 weeks, but how can I tell how old it is?

20. wabash slim

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    The spray bottles work! It doesn't hurt them, but they don't like it. If mine ]just hear the noise from the sprayer they tend to stop doing what they're not supposed to be doing.
    Count the rings.
    Seriously, ask the vet. Cat should've stayed with mom for the first 8 weeks or so. The vet will clue you in.

Joe90 and Ricochet like this.