Join Gretsch-Talk Today

Things that people throw away II

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Ricochet, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    I went to pick up my daughter from school and this was stumbling alongside a busy road. I picked it up and asked around who it belonged to but people didn’t know, or claimed they didn’t... Apparently people keep cats to tackle the mouse and rat infestations but surplus litter they will discard next to a busy road to be disposed of by “faith”.

I moved it to a nearby alley, and went to pick up my kid. When we walked back we passed the kitten again who had managed to crawl back to the road. For some reason it started to follow my kid who panicked and run home.
    Now I have cat allergies and my inlaws are not into pets but I just couldn’t leave it there could I?

It’s a golden brown toast colour with blue eyes. Here’s he/she(how the heck can you tell?) is after a fish diner and a well needed rest. I’ll clean her up later and fix her a place to sleep.

6FF62DB2-967A-47EC-A96D-06B68576044B.jpeg

2. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    In the rural hills of eastern KY that I grew up in, people would routinely dump off unwanted cats and dogs. Sometimes we’d call the local pound. Other times we acquired new pets. The strays we took in (usually cats) became family.

3. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Adorable. You are a kitty angel.

Mr. Lumbergh and Ricochet like this.
  4. Sonny Strimple

Sonny Strimple Country Gent

May 8, 2011
    Western Maryland
    I had a little female just like it for 13 years, extremely bright and the best friend I have ever had. Same color. You're a good guy, Sleep well!

Mr. Lumbergh, russmack and Ricochet like this.
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congratulations, you've been adopted! Good on ya for taking it in. Once it matures a bit, the gender will become apparent.

6. Gretschman2

Gretschman2 Country Gent

Apr 8, 2013
    Enetai, WA
    Cats are known for choosing their favorite person. Sounds like this kitten was choosing your kid. In any case, you have a kind heart. Kudos !!

7. rob batz

rob batz Gretschie

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    Soo adorable !! Thank you fir being a decent human being !!! Good karma for u !

8. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Good karma indeed! You did a great thing there, Rich!

9. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    This is an agricultural community, life is tough around here. Animals are either put to work or eaten. I'm pretty sure they've never heard of PETA. Usually I opt to selectively go blind and deaf, but it's hard to say no to a little furball like this.

10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    It was really funny. My little girl running off like that, and 2 hours later she's allready petting it.

11. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Cats are cool, a bit of a pita though. I found one like that when i was out fishing, somebody ditched the mother and litter out there and the mother was ran over. All the kittens got taken and i took the one i found, its 15yrs old and lives with my father in law.

Ricochet and benjwri like this.
  12. markeebee

markeebee Country Gent

Good man Rich, more power to you.

Ricochet likes this.
  13. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    You're a good guy, Rich !!!

Ricochet likes this.
  14. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Looks like a red tabby. You deserve a humanitarian catatarian award.

I currently keep a big old stray dog that wandered into my yard and latched onto my wife. He's damaged - looks like hit by a car. But so appreciative of our accommodations. He's now one of our pack:

Buddy.jpg

15. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    It is an act of mercifulness to not walk by and leave the hepless creature to its doom.
    It will pay back your friendliness with love.

DrSetzer, Mr. Lumbergh and Ricochet like this.
  16. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    So far my bare legs have been used as scratch pole and my hands got covered in cat poop. :)

radd, toddfan, Henry and 2 others like this.
  17. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Great karma earned Rich.

Ricochet likes this.
  18. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    It's already feeling at home. ;)

Ricochet likes this.
  19. Scott Fraser

Scott Fraser Country Gent

Jan 14, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, they choose you.

20. wvincagold

wvincagold Gretschie

Jan 4, 2018
    US
    Good on you. My Grizzly adopted us. One rainy night showed up in our alcove. I worked swings and came home heard a growl and thought I cornered a coyote. (We lived in a small nothing town in the desert very few neighbors). He was my best friend for 15 years. Best pet I ever had. So good on you. When they pick you its such a better relationship. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk