theNocturneBrain.. Rooster? Guitars? ..yep

Discussion in 'Commercial Sellers, Dealers and Manufacturers' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Jun 21, 2019.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Well, I'm pretty sure a business model for making hordes of money $$$$ doesn't include making gracious "send it to me" offers to fix 30 plus year old Boss DM-3 pedals. Keep doing what you do, building the highest quality products you can and great customer service.

larryb and blueruins like this.
  2. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I often set drinks on furniture. But I sit in chairs, on couches, and occasionally on amps, road cases, benches, or wherever I have to when necessary.

new6659 likes this.
  3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I probably could...let me think about it during my Starbucks shift tonight.

larryb, TSims1, ruger9 and 3 others like this.
  4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    See!! That's how it goes :) I'm usually a handful of pedals away from that coffee machine hustle, cuz I gotta play in the band on the weekend!

nasonm and larryb like this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

You do something money can’t buy. Inspiration through passion. And those of us who are in the know benefit from your commitment to your offerings. We’ve had a few talks, and I know that you are not motivated by money or else you’d do certain things differently. I think it’s super rare and super cool. Frankly, I’m just grateful you care so much. You are a blessing.

6. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    D13184DD-8BDA-451C-987A-D38B6585E272.gif

TSims1, Merc and larryb like this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Some updated photo’s I pulled from TheNocturneBrain Instagram. The Rooster appears to be coming together nicely. The headstock photo was a snapshot from a video clip showing the neck.

E8D6CA3F-B12E-41DF-97CB-06D6FAA60712.png
    9B40839E-AE9E-49DC-B7D7-05942F732E39.png
    0201E9E6-6213-4F05-8A54-790766967462.png
    3231A6CE-20CF-4879-9338-5052A8BFE1D3.png

larryb and RocknRollShakeUp like this.
  8. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  9. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    That guitar looks stunning but isn‘t it a Jet, all in all?

10. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I love it...Jet/Spectra Sonic:cool:

11. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I can see the inspiration in looks from a Jet, especially due to the black top. The Rooster appears to be a flat top though and not arched like a Jet. And the chambering is different as well. I would think it may be a little lighter in weight. The sides look a bit thinner as well as overall less wood mass in the inside. Here’s a few pictures of it from way back on Instagram.

A3809DEF-DCC1-4B20-B954-C7DBDCBEF688.png
    93B54F68-634E-401D-AA68-22983D60E962.png
    50EFF7F4-1CEC-4262-A02D-1DFF4AB68892.png

And compared to one version of Gretsch Jet chambering from online.

3B843F11-D659-4EB5-B91F-BC973AB3431E.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Seems different than a Jet in many important ways, yet familiar enough to appeal to Gretschies. I already know I want one!

TV the Wired Turtle, Merc and Stefan like this.
  13. Fasteddie42

Fasteddie42 Electromatic

Sep 18, 2018
    tip of the mitt
    I'd love to see that in sunburst!

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I like how the center is a little transparent.

15. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    View attachment 118434 View attachment 118434
    The familiarity is there on purpose. Remember I wanted the inbred child of both a 6131 roundup and the Parsons Bigsby guitar as far as shape and flair, w the internals all Grez and Tavo for sound projection maximization w a bigsby and fixed bridge.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Construction is quite different than a jet or les paul in that first its a flat top but more so and different than most routed guitars. Both the Top and back are very thin like an acoustic guitar just not so fragile, this differs greatly with most routed electric instruments.
    The top is definitely very alive and resonant, as is the back. the goal from an acoustics engineering standpoint (grez) to make a smaller body guitar respond like a larger body guitar, and the major reason I wanted to work w him to give me that big sound from a jet size body. The pickups are top mounted/floating but the bridge on the other hand is not, its frame mounted.

I've extended the lower bout more than a gretsch jet and made the body depth slightly thicker than a jet also. The cutaway is neither gretsch nor lp, rather we imposed the cutaway from the jack parsons, bigsby guitar that Paul made from an existing kay. He pulled the top off of the kay, put on a flat top and did a flip w the wood of the cutaway to make a florentine style. Very different indeed compared to the Gretsch Jet/Roundup 6131 cutaway.
    Yet a huge knod to vintage Gretsch is the headstock. We wanted to stick with one solid piece of honduran mahogany on the neck without glueing on "Wings" to get the full effect, so its a narrower take on the George Van Epps 7 string gretsch. (which is probably a ripoff of the european Levine headstock, but ehh). George Van Epps and Bucky Pizzarelli never get enough attention in the gretsch world but at least get a mention when we talk about Eddie Van Halen's tapping technique, he got from George.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    RocknRollShakeUp and Merc like this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I wanted to at least let the redwood peek out, in straight sunlight its there. Hope to have some basic demo's up next weekend.

blueruins and Merc like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice