The TV CASTER!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Stefan, Jan 18, 2019.

1. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    You are welcome! It was a labor of love you can tell! Great job on getting that neck pocket just right, without the use of a shim!

Stefan likes this.
  2. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks. The luthier who’s built the body got the original shim and the B16 to mill and sand the neck pocket perfect. But it was really exciting until everything was assembled. He also set the bridge pickup routing 4 mms towards the bridge to avoid the typical small hole on B16 Tellys.

3. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Hmmm...maybe I‘ve finally found a case:

CB67F519-677B-4ADD-84B9-A7EC4B343409.jpeg
    That‘s a G&G tweed case. Darn expensive :mad:
    It fits okay with the vintage handle, still a gap and a little bit of pressure necessary to close the lid:

D4040BBB-C84D-4507-9E8E-84A942A2CBC6.jpeg
    but it works. The case is a nice built, a cool looker and nitro safe :)
    But it‘s still not really working with my preferred Chet arm. The problem is the high neckrest, the G&G cases let the guitars rest in an angled position:
    EB51EA91-035D-416E-9476-2FECC2541CCF.jpeg
    If the guitar would sit straight I guess there‘ll be enough room, so the neckrest needs to be shortened. Anyone ever removed the neckrest in a G&G case? The dam thing is made of foam so I guess it‘s just glued on, but I’m not sure and I don‘t want to damage the case...:rolleyes:

4. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Probably glued. See if you can wiggle it loose.

5. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks buddy. Aren‘t you surprised that the Thinline project is done ;)?

6. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    It’s a cool surprise to see the guitar finally finished. It’s a beauty and she sounds lovely!

Cudos for sticking with it. I think I would have walked from it after two months, even with 8k in it!

Stefan likes this.
  7. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    4A79607E-9F48-4A90-8566-89E85894FBBD.jpeg
    It works! Finally!
    I‘ve managed to get more room outa the neckrest and now it‘s cool. Sweet vanilla scented G&G case...;)
    And I‘ve decided to keep the vintage narrow handle- it‘s not only because of the case, I can‘t get used to the Chet handle, it‘s difficult to use, at least for me.
    168F00D3-1CE2-43D3-8689-79F41B9F3DF2.jpeg
    The vintage narrow handle is sweet and slim and as one of Bigsbys first handles „vintage correct“. I‘m using a 360• bracket with that handle and changed the original screw for this fat aluminum screw- I like that old industrial look. Not perfect is the finish of the handle- it was golden, polished the bling-bling off and now it‘s nickel. It‘s okay, but I guess I‘ll have to order a new one to keep the consequent matte alu look on the Bigsby. Anyway a pleasure to play, the 360• bracket is great.

Lionpotato and Ricochet like this.
  8. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    What's next man, an epic search for perfect thumb wheels and strap?

Lionpotato and Stefan like this.
  9. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Hehe, man if you only could play that guitar you would know why I‘m so picky about details...

Henry likes this.
  10. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Now the big question, if you had 8K burning in your pocket would you do it all over again?

11. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Why 8k? All the parts are roundabout 2.5 k, but YES!!! The TVcaster beats every single guitar I‘ve ever played before, honestly. Playin‘ her is endless inspiring.

dankas11 likes this.
  12. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Uhm, that what you said somewhere. Maybe you were joking.

13. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    Yes, I would let her go for 8k...:cool:
    Let me think...no, I wouldn’t :)

14. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    5108A10C-A60C-4E08-A022-C7E0091D75D2.jpeg
    Finally!
    I‘ve matted my old vintage narrow handle more and now it matches the other hardware perfect. No need for a ridiculously xpensive new one! It‘s such a pleasure to play with the 360 bracket...can‘t stop playin‘ :)

Ricochet likes this.
  15. Ricochet

Ricochet Gretschified

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Looks great Stefan. You know, back when I was in design we had a saying. The hardest thing is knowing when it's finished. :)

Stefan likes this.
  16. Stefan

Stefan Country Gent

Jan 20, 2016
    Germany
    So true! But this guitar is so great at this point there’s nothing more to do besides playing! Not too bad I guess!
    And there‘s my Esquire project starting...man, I never thought there’s so much love for Tellys in me. Meanwhile I think they‘re really perfect guitars.

Ricochet likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice