The Rat Rod in action.

Discussion in 'Gretsch-Talk Music' started by TSims1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    What reverb doubling effect is happening in the solo of "here again"... I use the shimmer of oceans 11 after the mystery brain and strymon dig, but more subtle since I have to keep charging w rhythm after brief solo stabs. I liked how it trailed in your solo.

2. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Goosebumps.

TSims1 likes this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    That is the Mystery Brain with the abby engaged, the Fluid Drive on, the Keeley 4 knob on(I set it VERY subtle just to beef up)and the Source Audio Collider set to a washy longish-medium plate verb(on the reverb side)and a 4 repeat quarter note tape delay(on the delay side).

CatTones and Stonepicking like this.
  4. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Sounding really good. I bought my mysterybrain after hearing your demo! Sort of similar set up to you, mysterybrain always on, smallsound/bigsound mini instead of the Fluid drive and the compressor in my unit 67. Oh and a tweed deluxe!!
    Thanks for sharing!

TV the Wired Turtle and TSims1 like this.
  5. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Did you mic your amp through the PA? I am guessing not as the church was empty. By the way I watched the entire clip. Pastor David is awesome!

6. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Bass player kill in’ it!

TSims1 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  7. SAguitar

SAguitar Electromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Oregon
    Very tasteful stuff, Tony. I loved the ambient fills and the way you set the atmosphere. I aim for similar stuff myself in our congregation, but am not quite at your level. Keep up the good work!

TSims1 and panhead6zero like this.
  8. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Well done my friend. Keep up the good work and say thanks to other's in the band.

TSims1 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  9. j.s.c

j.s.c Country Gent

Aug 19, 2008
    france
    Mmmh have you got some close-ups of this Rat Rod in picture ?

TSims1 likes this.
  10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

I actually just run the line out(with built-in cab sim)to the FOH. I do have a little volume coming through the speaker for my personal enjoyment as well.

Yes - Pastor Cooper is quite an impressive person, and one of my very best friends. He has a photographic memory, so he never uses notes or teleprompters. He literally has the ENTIRE bible memorized. It’s insane. In addition, he is a well educated musician with many years worth of jazz study and solo chord/melody guitar. He also writes and sings. He and I make a lot of music together, and often when he travels to speak he and I will bring guitars and play for the people.

I produced his latest album(and played and sang some.....I used a Gretsch 6228 on a good bit of it)if you care to hear it. It’s at all digital retailers. Here’s the Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/album/4ci03DY9G7Hd7ykKwgewjW?si=HwLt9WY7QPSNgVLY-ks6Qg

panhead6zero likes this.
  11. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Oh man. Michael. Michael Lamond. He’s a real pro, and an awesome person as well. Super smart super chill dude.

12. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Boom.

17C89B8D-3591-4911-9334-4B118636C68F.jpeg 17646223-4E8A-4C4D-96AF-AEAA6DE0E3FC.jpeg

panhead6zero, CatTones and blueruins like this.
  13. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Very great live production, they capture it really well too. Nice playing on the Gretsch. I like the playing of the guy on acoustic too, is that a Breedlove he is playing?, I am biased and would like to hear a little more of the acoustic in the mix, but it does sound good in there right where it sits. Thanks for sharing!

I have been really happy with my Breedlove, pretty dependable and consistent over the years. We don't quite have as large a production as that at my church, a piano, a guitar, and a female singer at the early service when I play, I sometimes sing a little too. I just plug straight into the DI to the PA to balance my acoustic with the piano pretty well, even when finger picking.

TSims1 likes this.
  14. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

What’s crazy is this is our “stripped down”. We typically have this plus two percussionists, an orchestra, and a several hundred member choir!

TV the Wired Turtle and GlenP like this.
  15. GOOBALL JEFF

GOOBALL JEFF Gretschie

Oct 1, 2019
    london
    jammin in the name of jesus nothing wrong with that!

panhead6zero and TSims1 like this.
  16. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    Great Sound Tony, Thank you !!!

TSims1 likes this.
  17. panhead6zero

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    WOW, Just WOW! What a great collection of songs. You guys are awesome! I enjoyed it as it does not sound like "Formula Christian music". Marty Stuart's Inspirational songs are great too.

TSims1 likes this.
  18. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Right on - yeah, this was his baby. He wrote these songs and wanted to make this album. He brought me in to help shape the sound and direction, which is different than his part efforts. I think you can likely hear my influence most on tracks like "On My Way Back Home", "Shine On", "Carry Me Away", and "Winds Of Change".

panhead6zero likes this.
  19. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Im not into choirs, this was good. No choirs and no church organs unless its Fugue in D Minor :)

TSims1 and panhead6zero like this.
  20. panhead6zero

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Shine On is my favorite....so far!

TSims1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice