the legend of El Pescadoro surfaces..

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Aug 7, 2018.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    El Pesky w a transparent type drive pedal in front, plate verb 50% wet and pushed by the jr barnyard preamp onboard.

larryr and Merc like this.
  2. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Synchromatic

Aug 5, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    That is a beautiful sound.

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  3. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Lacking Talent is spot on with his comment. I’m really looking forward to buying my El Pescadoro this year. I already have the Detroit Casket so I’ll try this out for sure.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  4. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    A really nice guy and gigging muso named Matt Wood, out of the blue did this video on the El Pescadoro he bought. !5 minutes of him exploring the functions. Humbuckers and blackface amp are involved

5. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Great review, I won’t give up my Jr Barnyard I like the controls but this does make me want the El pesky more. I checked the web to read about it again and see they are sold out and was wondering. Is this color scheme going to remain the same? I was thinking with that big oil drum reverb if you ever thought of doing a special run color like the Mystery Brains? A rusty red oil can color would be cool but maybe that’s just me. I actually like the current color but I know you like switching things up now and then. Oh and will it ever get a loop like the MB has?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I just got my El P and it’s posted in my NPD thread. Maybe it’s me but it’s not an oil Can Reverb. Both Reverb voicings are aimed at the old Chess records sound. Which relates to both the graphics and color blue and white from the Chess label. See below for label example. The Reverb along with the Barnyard pre nail the sound. Tavo’s mentioned before to think Of Chuck Berry’s Maybellene, and he’s spot on. I’m not telling you to replace you JR Barnyard as I’ve never played one. But this reverb really adds to making this pedal what it is. @nickurso pointed out the perfect match when he got his a while back. And I totally agree with him.
    53C552AF-89C4-4C68-8456-9B43335D0466.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    pmac11 and Bertotti like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yea, I understand it isn’t an oil drum reverb and perhaps the was a wrong analogy. The sound however does remind me of being in an old big corrugated steel grain bin. Not sure if that is what it is modeled after or not but I thought most people may have seen a discolored old can but I have met a lot of people who have no idea what a corrugated steel grain bin is let alone what it looks like.

8. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I get get what you’re saying now. Pulled from the Nocturne description the Subterranean mode is supposed to sound like... “and that room sound in the tube mixing console sent through a floor drainpipe w ribbon and tube mics into a basement and non parallel walls in long narrowish rooms w moveable panels.. not to mention the melding of mechanical steel plates, magnetic drivers w tube amplifiers.” I’d say that could be similar to the oily drum reverb type sound your thinking of. Either way it’s described, it’s a winner in my book.

Bertotti likes this.
  9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I just saw this not long ago. It looks like Tavo is possibly considering changing the color scheme for a late fall batch. I dig it. Will have to wait and see if he does a batch.

079BFE23-4903-4684-9448-81EA1B3E5586.png

audept and Bertotti like this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Oooo now that I like! Reminds me of Halloween.0

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Merc likes this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    When will this red and cream hit the website for preorder? That red and cream is really growing on me.

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Only @TV the Wired Turtle will hold the answer. Judging by his Instagram, he’s been tied up choosing the knobs for the latest Mystery Brain, the Ghost Boo Fluid Drive, and all things Han Solo ;). I noticed it no longer says Sold Out. So I’m not sure if that means he’s taking orders for the next batch and it’ll be the regular vintage looking Chess label. That’s the current photo.

Bertotti likes this.
  13. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm sure he will be around when time permits.

Merc likes this.
  14. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Its available to pre-order for late December. Production begins this week
    w the voted in, new color: Cremas de Otoño (translates: Autumn Creme).
    ps. I dont speak spanish, I do understand a lot of though as my Grandma & Grandpa from New Mexico spoke only spanish to me yet my Dad wouldnt allow me to learn spanish. So this whole "spanglish" thing is me reaching out a bit towards what I missed out on. As I only ever knew my Mom's side, being mostly irish, german

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Bertotti, pmac11 and audept like this.
  15. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Just pre-ordered my 2nd El Pescadoro in the new color, looks great!

Merc likes this.
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    cant believe I missed this Vid that my friend Tim Lerch did w the El Pesky (ps. Audept you are a wild man w your collection)

Merc, Bertotti and audept like this.
  17. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    When I get the bill for the latest heart surgery I may have to sell some of the duplicates....:(

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  18. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    latest? :eek:

19. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Had an Angiogram last Friday. Was not pleasant as I came out of anaesthesia before they were finished.

20. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Yikes! Lawyer up and negotiate..they should be paying you!

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice