Join Gretsch-Talk Today

the legend of El Pescadoro surfaces..

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Those of us who've played around in the digital audio workstation world will know that there have been not one but several vinyl noise emulating plugins, some with wow and flutter, and so on. Weird and fetishistic maybe, but there you go. :)

Bertotti and pmac11 like this.
  2. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Lol I did the same thing. And the tape deck had dual inputs, I could jam with a buddy.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
  4. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I have had to use some of these for sound effects in musical theater shows, the gramophone in My Fair Lady, for example, had lots of surface noise and scratches added.

Alberta_Slim likes this.
  5. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nice! El Pescadoro seems to have bonded with that tube amp.

6. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Sounds great!

TV the Wired Turtle and Bertotti like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Sounds great! What speaker is in the Raygun?

8. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Tonetubby Nashville hemp cone 75W Alnico
    [​IMG]

Bertotti and nickurso like this.
  9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    okay latest update, the EL PESCADORO presale is today at 2:210pm PST. first batch is limited to 25 for shipping by Halloween.
    [​IMG]

here's a sample of its wettest setting, mind you this is not a fender tank or spring reverb in any way. While the entire preamp is old school analog class A discrete down to
    its NOS Motorola Jfet transistor, the reverb is using a much more tech-ee DSP processor to emulate the album recorded environment sounds heard on 50-60s artists albums from chess records chamber and plates mixed on chess, checker & universal recordings. (not trying emulate an actual studio here, rather the artists recorded/mic'd guitar amp reverburations)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BnmuSHlFNaQ/?hl=en&taken-by=thenocturnebrain

10. Byron

Byron Gretschie

Sep 4, 2009
    uk
    Phew! Looks like the knobs and fittings all lined up ok. Designing it together from the other side of the plant .... like digging a tunnel and finding that they meet up! Gonna be great

11. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Thanks so much, ya they had to nick some off the edges but it added to the freyed vibe. Drill pattern got messed too, thats now corrected and we are off to the races!

12. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Ordered today. "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control 'cause I know I'll like it" :D:cool::D

13. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    These are for sale?

14. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    They are on the Nocturne website but not under pedals, you have to go to all products. I just saw that by accident. I usually just check pedals but when I saw Audept ordered I figured they had to be there somewhere. Sadly I have no cash to spare.

Srellim1 likes this.
  15. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Hmm, I wonder if that was a misplaced design page? @TV the Wired Turtle said Xmas and there hasn’t been a proper announcement.
    If it’s available, I am so in…
    Tavo?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  16. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    FIXED IT!! :) I will make a proper claim in the classifieds, this isnt for selling.. just discussing its evolution. here's some good guitar and piano w the Wolf.

pmac11 likes this.
  17. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    I didn’t think that it was a misplaced design page on the forum, but perhaps on your website?
    I didn’t think these were available until the holiday. If they are though… Boy, am I in!

18. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Presale orders are open. See post #89 this thread. That's what triggered my buy.

19. Srellim1

Srellim1 Gretschie

Feb 6, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Oh crap! I totally missed that. so sorry for any confusion folks. I guess I’ll go and get fitted for a fresh new dunce cap!

20. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    for some reason shopify wont move it to pedals, and it only stays under "all products". I'm so frustrated.