Join Gretsch-Talk Today

the legend of El Pescadoro surfaces..

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Gotcha, but it took a few to find a post number. I didn't realize it was there!

Henry likes this.
  2. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Will it make my guitar have that cool scratchy record sound?

3. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Hah, yep! Most of what I listen to now was made either before I was born or in the modern age by guys who sound that way. :)

Had roofers at our house during the last week, and in the roofer tradition, they had a LOUD radio going. I asked my wife what they'd been listening to (since she gets home first), and she said, "some country station." Next day I was home earlier and heard it, and said,"that's not a country station... (pause to listen more) ...nope, definitely not country."

Then on the weekend I really got to listen for a while, and after several songs realized she was right. Problem was, THERE WAS NO DISCERNIBLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MUSIC ON THAT STATION AND VIRGIN RADIO EXCEPT THE LYRICS. Wish I was kidding; whatever "country" performers they were, they might as well have been Post Malone, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber. What an awful revelation that was...:(

pmac11 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  4. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    waaaaay crazy deeper should you wander from the safety of 2120 south michigan ave's sandy shallows. From the artwork you can see where my heart is and what I'm focused on to support my love of this Jr Barnyard Octal preamp enveloped by reverberation to garner those sacred recording's haunting subterranean murmers in Chicago to coastal Cali ..
    but a knod to the eternal wrestle of tide and shore in the salty underneaths demands the name
    of the legendary luchador gypsy of the seven seas be heralded "EL PESCADORO"
    el pescadoro catch.jpg

:)

larryr likes this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    thats up to you.. since my Jr Barnyard hot pre relies on a germanium russian diode and jfet, it "operates" best in front of other boosts n preamps. But that doesnt mean you cant enjoy stomping the bejezzle out of it w the mystery brains preamp in front of it. It will give you some gnarly malty gravel if you attack it from the front and jack up the reverb :) (you can actually adjust the reverbs own gain w a micro trimpot inside. If you tend to want to get shoegazer w verb, then this feature is so cool when turned up, otherwise turn it down if you tend to pound the preamps and boost in front, it will keep the verb side cleaner)

audept likes this.
  6. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Only if you ask the audience to lay their cell phones across your amp.

nickurso likes this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    For me, this is much more tempting than the Detroit Casket, Hard to justify when I have a Jr Barnyard already though. I just need to stay focused on bills and saving for a moonshine amp. But damn it's like looking at a fresh Pumpkin pie and being told I have to wait for Diner! I usually don't wait, then wifey makes me make another pie. What a vicious circle! Is there a projected price for this? Oh, wait I don't need to know!

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  8. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Oh, but you do.

pmac11 likes this.
  9. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Jimmy Herring, Walter Trout and Samantha Fish need this pedal!

pmac11 and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  10. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Honestly I sometimes miss the sound of an old record playing blues with that little scratch on the background. Just something about it

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Don't you listen to vinyl anymore?

nickurso likes this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Do you want to make scratchy records or scratchy guitar? :) I can make you a pedal w a blender knob that allows you to plug in a small turntable w a scratchy record that feeds into the amp as you play guitar. :) :)

Hammerhead, Henry and nickurso like this.
  13. nickurso

nickurso Friend of Fred

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Sadly no

14. russmack

russmack Country Gent

May 1, 2017
    ballina australia
    Sheesh, that sounds interesting.

Russ

15. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    wouldnt be fun to lug on stag and the needle would skip everytime the drummer hit the floor tom :)

nickurso and russmack like this.
  16. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I have some cool old Newcomb tube record players from the '60s with mic inputs, these things are badass with detachable 12" speakers and 10w tube amps in them. When you plug into the mic input when a record is playing you become one of the band members! It is a trip.

nickurso, russmack and Bertotti like this.
  17. pmac11

pmac11 Synchromatic

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Ah, early plug and play... :)

wildeman likes this.
  18. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    An early karaoke machine, very cool.

wildeman likes this.
  19. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I used to put my cassette deck in record mode and paused so I could plug my dad's fender coronado into the home "Pioneer" stereo system. A different sound running through tweeters and woofers but it was waaaay louder and cleaner than the Magnatone varsity octal tube amp I was used to playing through. :)

pmac11 and wildeman like this.
  20. dankas11

dankas11 Synchromatic

Jul 6, 2014
    Croatia
    omg!
    Santa come quickly!!!!!!

Bertotti likes this.