the legend of El Pescadoro surfaces..

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I also just pre-ordered my 2nd El Pescadoro today in the new color. It’s the first pedal I’ve ever bought a duplicate of. I love mine that much.

TV the Wired Turtle and audept like this.
  2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Ive not thought of chaining two, together until now :)

southpaw185, pmac11 and Merc like this.
  3. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    There isnt any room on the smaller 1590BB box for an effect insert and honestly I dont see many people using the effects insert on the Mystery Brain. In face I get customers telling me their pedal doesnt work right and that they are only getting sound from the delay and not the preamp.. so I ask one question "are both cables from guitar and to the amp plugged into the top jacks where they belong, or the fx insert side jack?" And yes, they had it plugged into the side jack. A very strange thing for me to grasp, but it happens :) The Mystery Brain will mostly likely have the fx jack dumped in the future and put into the 1590BB box like the El Pescadoro.
    Speaking of the El Pescadoro reverb.. its modeled after the "recorded sounds" of electroplate reverb and drainpipe/basement reverb effects that Leonard Chess of Chess records became famous for long before leo fender and that spring reverb bit, hit. The smoke control is a damper on the reflections highs and I live for that little extra control between the wet/dry mix for R&B style songs I have to play.

Merc likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    @TV the Wired Turtle This one sentence saying future MB will have the jack dumped has completely changed my pedal acquisition order! I am not sure what some people think but I find that loop most excellent!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    Merc, southpaw185 and audept like this.
  5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I agree, the primary reason I bought a second MB was to get the FX loop version.

6. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    No fear, I just did my final run of 50 in this winter nights. First bite into that chunk claimed half as there are still some cherry that got ordered. Hopefully the rest will sell out so I can afford to pay for the new version's board revisions/design to make it more compact.

audept likes this.
  7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    If I’m tracking right... the 1590BB box is the smaller El Pescadoro size box? I know most people like smaller pedals. But what about having them simply screen effects loop above the jack and the same for the input/output jacks? I would think it would be cheaper than a redesign and removing the effects loop option. Just a thought. My Fluid Drive loves the effects loop.

southpaw185 likes this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    The Jr Barnyard is quite happy I the loop as well.

I’m saying my prayers Tavo will still have a cherry box come next year because sadly it is looking like that is my time frame.

Merc likes this.
  9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    8 of them so far, and I sure hope I dont have anymore left by Jan 1st or its time to sign up for uber drivers

Bertotti likes this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I just saw this on Instagram. Looks like the the next El Pescadoro batch is moving along. Me like.

EBA7B36F-1631-42EE-8190-756E1910AFD8.png

audept and Bertotti like this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Sadly they will probably all be sold before I can get one.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It looks like the return of the mighty El Pescadoro has begun and is available now.

528A623A-E5A0-4F9D-9679-C3F4E0A53A91.png

13. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    haahaa you scratched out cream and cranberry!! that is funny. :) His screen might have a different tint? Maybe Mark loves cranberries? I just had a bunch in my granola this morning.

Merc likes this.
  14. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    The appearance of the scratch is actually not an intentional. I just upgraded my IPhone. I zoomed in on my screen shot to get rid of the battery and WiFi symbol on top. The black line shows up on the new phone for functions depending on which way you scroll or zoom in.

I’m looking forward to getting my El Pescadoro for the real color comparison. :)

All this talk about cranberries is making taste buds yearn for cranberry sauce next week. Hopefully the traditional canned Ocean Spray. Last year I had some fancy from scratch type with chunks of cranberries. It’s just not the same.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  15. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    so you have the ability to actually taste the GMO beet sugar in the Ocean Spray! :)

I know this is considered a "ladies drink" but I guess I'm a ladies drink guy, cuz I like Cape Cods :) Ocean Spray & some Purity Vodka w a slice of lime on the rocks. That's thanksgiving in a glass. (i think its called a Rose Kennedy if you add a splash of club soda)

[​IMG]

Merc, Bertotti and audept like this.
  16. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Make mine a double dose of vodka.

Merc and Bertotti like this.
  17. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Certain GMO’s can add some flavor. Just like a little MSG.

I used to order a drink at the Ming Garden for Chinese food that looked just like it. It was a looong time ago when I was a lot younger.

F0EDA15A-E910-4C51-9C3B-ED818E4C679C.jpeg

I never took you for a Shirley Temple kind of guy. ;)

18. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    nothing wrong with cranberry and alcohol.

Merc, pmac11 and Henry like this.
  19. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    We used to walk around Harvard Yard with frozen orange juice boxes with cranberry and vodka added. We called them Cape drivers or screw cods.

Merc and pmac11 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice