The Gretsch-Talk Forum is unbelievable!!!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by shrews824, Feb 8, 2019.

1. shrews824

shrews824 Synchromatic

Feb 22, 2016
    Hardinsburg, Kentucky
    I haven't found a better place yet that's for sure.

2. NJDevil

NJDevil Gretschie

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Additionally Wabash, I think it is a forum that will welcome a healthy discussion on authentic Polish cuisine which, I bet you will agree, is a great thing.

With that said, I made my 2nd trip this afternoon to the Polish deli less than a mile from my house. I just stopped in for some hot food but going back tomorrow for a sausage and smoked Gouda run. My lunch today? Bigos and mushroom Pierogis.....all homemade!

Nice thread Shrew as I have become less of a lurker and more of a poster. There's great diversity here to where it is open for discussion on a range of topics.

3. NJDevil

NJDevil Gretschie

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    Every time I see a post from you, I am reminded you are in Maine and then lust for some lobster!!!

4. hogrider16

hogrider16 Gretschie

Oct 18, 2017
    charles town wv
    Definitely the nicest forum I’ve ever encountered. I stopped going to a lot of forums; it seems people just go there to argue.

5. Beardog

Beardog Synchromatic

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Gotta agree it's a great forum!

6. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    No matter how hard I try, it's still a great forum.

7. FCFC

FCFC Newbie

Feb 8, 2019
    Earth

Attached Files:

new6659 likes this.
  8. FCFC

FCFC Newbie

Feb 8, 2019
    Earth
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Great. You've made me hungry. Nearest Polish food for me is 100 miles away into deep snow country. Smacznego!

Charlie westside likes this.
  10. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Gretsch owners are in a class by themselves. This forum is proof.

11. JParry335

JParry335 Electromatic

Jan 22, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I’m on several guitar oriented forums also. I’ve found each one to be different from the others. They all have a core group and a revolving peripheral group. The cultures are definitely different and some are more friendly than others.
    I have found that if you conduct yourself in a civil and professionally gregarious manner they will all be willing to take you into the fold. One forum in particular surprised me with their acceptance of my playing style and have made several friends there. Don’t know if it’s acceptable to name them all here so will not.
    When I signed on here it was late in the evening and I was starting to fall asleep while on my ipad, but all the responses started pouring in and I was pleasantly surprised.
    I too, like it here. I play many styles of music but have never really done much with rockabilly. I love rockabilly music and my goal for the year is to incorporate it into my bag of tricks to broaden my repertoire.
    I’m greatful for the warm welcome I have received here and plan to be around for a long time contributing what I can.
    Thank you ALL!!!

12. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    This is the only forum that I am involved with.
    I am here nearly every day to meet friends, share personal things, laugh, learn and improve my playing.
    I appreciate the respect and empathy that is cultivated here.
    And I enjoy the diversity: We come from very different musical backgrounds, countries and generations and still get along great. That`s a treasure.
    I feel blessed and honoured to be part of this community.
    Good to have you.

13. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Very kind words. I’ve met some great folks as a result of being a part of our Forum.

14. mschafft

mschafft Gretschie

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    It's a great online community with helpful tips and groovy ideas.

15. Sunshine

Sunshine Synchromatic

Jun 28, 2008
    Espoo, Finland
    Mmmmm... lobster... :)

drmilktruck and NJDevil like this.
  16. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Sorry Vista
    Admin Post
    It really is. I think that a big part of it is a solid core of common interest. This is a Gretsch forum, first and foremost. When the interest area is well defined, I think that helps.

I try to jump on problems as they come along, but the normal forum problems don’t arise here all that often.

17. speedicut

speedicut Country Gent

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    No, YOU shut up!!!

LOL just kidding..
    This place is great because it's made up of great people who all seem to tire of the controversies and arguments you get on most other forums.
    Plus, they are very knowledgeable when it comes to not only Gretsch, but a plethora of other music and non-music related topics.
    99% of any negativity here comes from either experience on the subject or a true concern someone is making a mistake..no flaming or mocking here.

Friendliest forum on the web!

18. wabash slim

wabash slim Friend of Fred

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    It's more than that. It's not just the guitar interest, tho that's the primary thing. It's all of the other things, the camaraderie, the wide variety of subjects, the genuine nice folks that make this site a place to hang out, and the silliness. We don't get the myopic tendencies of other sites, and everyone just seems far more friendly than elsewhere.

19. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Folks here will go out of their way to help you solve a problem. I get almost excited as the person when they get new gear. Love those pics of guitar builds and gretsch guitars.

20. SaltyDog

SaltyDog Synchromatic

Aug 23, 2008
    chasing the dragon
    Yeah, yeah, yeah ... now all of youze GET OFF MY LAWN!!!