The Broadway Jade Double Jet GSR is being reissued

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by Scooter127, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM.

1. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...ay-jade-gsr-limited-edition-pre-order/6893872

Dammit, I already got one. When are they gonna reissue the G5435 in Fairlane Blue!!!

T Bone and drmilktruck like this.
  2. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I want that guitar. Sadly my motivation is based solely on shape and color. Not really what I should base my guitar purchases on.

But.....It sure is lovely.

jfassett likes this.
  3. ramjac

ramjac Gretschie

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I’ve been looking at this one, too. It’d be a lock for me if CME was also going to do an exclusive 5232 w/Bigsby version in that color.

Bertotti likes this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  5. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    It’s pretty enough that it needs a pic

C60F8905-D821-4A5E-8B7B-66427299BD33.jpeg

6. EdwardsKim

EdwardsKim Gretschie

May 11, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    You all know how to get a hold of me if you want one :)

7. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    When I got mine, I thought I got something rare and very special....then, those bastards go and do another run!
    That's it, I'm selling!

radd and audept like this.
  8. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    FIND ME A G5435 IN FAIRLANE BLUE!!11!!!

lol. The blue one is what led me coming to this site, then getting the green one.

Pictures do the color no justice - it has a really fine (tiny) metal flake and looks very different under different lighting conditions. Sometimes it looks pale green, sometimes it's deeper and kinda sparkly. Plays great, sounds great. My one and only complaint is it's neck heavy

EdwardsKim likes this.
  9. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    When I got mine I got what seemed to be the very last new one on the Internet. I'm a little irked this 'limited edition' is being released again.

The dude in Japan listing this for $1000 is gonna be a lot more irked lol

EdwardsKim and jfassett like this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    To much work for me to get it where I would want it. Needs a mud switch not a pot, Bar bridge, different pups, Bigsby, and I really don't like the skinny headstock. I would love to see a DC country gent in this color.

11. ramjac

ramjac Gretschie

Aug 14, 2011
    Wisconsin
    The narrow headstock and tone pot are fine for me, but I agree that it needs the other mods, and also that the work isn’t something I want to get into. These days I’ll do wiring, but I don’t want to get into the business of doing mechanical mods anymore. A special 5232 style run would be fine for me.

12. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I'm sure it is a perfect guitar for someone. I really want one with single coils, hilos, tarmonds, I'm not to picky there.

jfassett likes this.
  13. Floo

Floo Country Gent

Dec 16, 2012
    Elmshorn, Germany
    With that short upper horn, it sure is. I wouldn't expect anything else.

14. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    Being a chambered Basswood body doesn't help things lol. It's super light weight.

/I still want a blue G5435 lol

Floo likes this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have a basswood Strat and it is so resonant, I love it. My Penguin DC is head heavy I would think this wouldn’t be that bad that’s a really narrow headstock.

16. Scooter127

Scooter127 Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2019
    USA
    It's pretty bad. If I wear a synthetic shirt (something I rarely do) it's about impossible to have it stay put. A leather strap with a rough back would probably keep it in place but I have a spiffy green strap for it that has a smooth back. If I ever actually address the issue I think gluing some felt on the back would resolve the problem.

Someone else here moved the front strap button and says that alleviates the issue but I'd rather keep it 'stock.'

Bertotti likes this.
  17. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I think I remember that thread. Mine pulls a lot and twists my shirt but I love the guitar so I just hold the neck all the time or sit.

18. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    Here ya go!

Attached Files:

Bertotti likes this.
  19. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

That guitar is ridiculously beautiful.....

Side note: I love the skinny headstocks

20. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Apart from the stupid "grinning" tailpiece this one is a beauty. Glad that they offer it again.

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice