Tele vs Strat

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Flouswa, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    i cant access musicians friend? it keeps saying to me -
    Dear Customer,

Based on your location, we are unable to take you to the Musician's Friend website at this time. For more information regarding the new GDPR regulations, go to https://edps.europa.eu/data-protect...history-general-data-protection-regulation_en.

We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to serving you again soon.

Thank you,

Musician's Friend. YOU ARE NO FRIEND OF MINE!!!!! WHAT THE HECK IS THAT ABOUT!? THAT'S VERGING ON PREJUDICE IN MY OPINION!?

2. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    and yes flo i am very sorry i have hijacked this thread! i mean that. i just feel comfortable in your company!

rockinforJesus and Flouswa like this.
  3. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    exactly! pickups can be changed, frets can be leveled, my hand can mold to a fat neck if necessary.

Flouswa likes this.
  4. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

No problem! Same back at ya! It's been a fun thread to read.

rockinforJesus and Howard hughes like this.
  5. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    can't go wrong with a gretsch of any kind, i have had 5 i think? i lost count, and all played really well, perfect in fact, no fret issues with any of them. i am gonna shut up now though....

Charlie westside and Flouswa like this.
  6. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. You've all given me a lot of things to think about and consider. It's not something I'm planning on doing real soon either, so this is good, I can sort of play around and think about all of the suggestions and info!

7. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    any closer to making your mind up yet? white strats look really classy in my opinion. oh no just seen what you said, "wont be anytime soon" i buy guitars without even thinking about it, you win some you lose some.

Flouswa likes this.
  8. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

I think I need to go play several and see how it goes. I'm kind of partial to the blue ones or surf green, but if I stay true to my reputation, I would buy a red one LOL! @larryb :D

9. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    sorry to go on about it but i really wanted this and still do actually.... IMG_2178_8e6ef4c4-72be-4060-8db3-e947b37a7c13_2048x@2x.jpg

10. Flouswa

Flouswa Country Gent

I like it too! I can see why you want it, very nice.

11. Dreamtime

Dreamtime Gretschie

Dec 14, 2017
    New York
    Save a lot of money and buy yourself a Phantom.

The PGW Phantom is a superb custom made guitar that is -- and here's why I suggest it -- an example of what would happen if a Stratocaster and a Telecaster met and had a baby. The Phantom does both Strat and Tele. I have both a Strat and Tele and the Phantom can sound exactly like either one. When I describe the sound to people I always say, "It's both a Strat and a Tele."

So you could pay over a thousand for a Strat, another thousand for a Tele...or just 800 and you could have both guitars in one. Plus you get the pleasure of having a unique guitar that really impresses people. Millions of Strats and Teles out there. Not many Phantoms out there.

[​IMG]

12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Right? It’s tempting but I’ve gone through enough JMs and just picked this up:

4F12E942-E24C-46FE-89A2-7BD4B6AB30CF.jpeg

13. Alberta_Slim

Alberta_Slim Gretschie

May 18, 2018
    Ontario
    Oh my, that IS nice! :eek:Headstock pic please mebbe? Who built it?

Howard hughes and BorderRadio like this.
  14. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    I just had to have all 3 colors!!!

Flo, I have one word for you.....TELECASTER!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing the NredTeleD...thread;):D
    three.jpg

15. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    It’s a MIJ Fender, JD serial so Dyna Gakki? Fat mahogany ‘U’ neck, rosewood board, P90 neck pickup, but the best part is the price. Got mine for less than 799.

47381B89-7B51-4543-B95E-42930A5FB52F.jpeg

16. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

You have good taste. I want one of these too.

Howard hughes and Henry like this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Unashamed sales pitch......

I DO have a very nice Strat for sale here in the classifieds at a great price. :)

73C1216A-8C04-42FB-9055-EB0B7BC1A306.jpeg

F0069912-3063-49E5-A213-BACC54D108CE.jpeg

Howard hughes, dafreeze and Bertotti like this.
  18. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Heard someone earlier say they loved the new Fender Parallel Universe Limited Editions. I do too and there are a handful I’d like to own, in fact darn near bought one.

But you hear a whole bunch of folks who really could use a nice Brie to go other their whine. Funny!

If you’re torn between Tele and Jag...

0FD14759-7767-493E-9352-904B874FEBFA.png

19. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

Flouswa, when it comes to a Tele or a Strat, I'm in the camp that prefers a Strat. That said, I currently have 2 Fender MIM Standard Strats (one with Lace Sensor Gold pickups installed) , a MIM Deluxe Player's Strat (which has a push button that adds the bridge pickup (all positions are Vintage Noiseless pickups) with the blade switch in the 4 position (neck and middle + bridge) and the 5 position (neck + bridge), and a 15" radius maple fretboard), a Special Edition 60's Strat with vintage spec 60's pickups, and formerly a MIM Standard with a humbucker in the bridge. I love each and every one of them, each for a different reason.

I did buy an Fender American Telecaster , and a Fender MIM Thinline Telecaster Deluxe (wide range humbuckers). I just never really bonded with either guitar. Maybe I was just spoiled by my Strats when I get the Teles, but I just never really could get the sound I wanted. That was unlike the Deluxe Player's Strat that I found in the used section at a GC in California when I was out there. I plugged the Strat into a Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue and I heard a heavenly sound.

Only you can really decide whether it a Tele or a Strat will give you the sound that you want. For me, it's been a Strat, so here's the requisite eye candy.

03daef0e-480f-4702-990b-4b67321288bf_zpsdf18fb73.jpg Fender Stratocasters 1.JPG

20. dafreeze

dafreeze Friend of Fred

Shame, shame, shame, shame...

Howard hughes likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice