Tele vs Strat

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Flouswa, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Country Gent

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    7829C551-F7D4-4C8F-A3BC-FAC877DC2A23.jpeg A10E7B5E-F5B3-49F1-8D34-12FEC0AC96EA.jpeg I do not have a Tele, I have a BJP and 2 Strats. A mim 60th anniversary in blizzard pearl and the black aerodyne that is cij. One is in. 7.25 “ radius the other is 9.5” radius. I find I like the flatter neck but both are plenty playable. The MIM is a chunkier neck and not nearly as fast the CIJ aerodyne which is a very slim and very fast playing neck way more so then my ability to use. TexMex pups on one kind of a SRV sound to me and the other I installed first gen hot noiseless strat pups, absolutely my favorite strat pups. I do not like this new parallel world crap Fender has released but traditional Strats are great. And the options are so varied you could certainly find one with the things you want. But a Nice Jet, corvette, beast or similar with single coils would be cool as well!

Flouswa likes this.
  2. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I think it will be my 2018 guitar, just waiting for the right one to show up. Do you know if they are set up or routed for pickup changes like some strats, where you can just swap mounted pickguards?

3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    B2F04F6B-8ABE-444F-B034-1F4633D551EA.jpeg Telecasters are the greatest guitars. The ultimate twang monsters. Great for all forms of rock n’ roll, blues, RnB, jangly pop, rockabilly, country, hard rock, whatever. They look sexy, and they’re extremely dependable. I’ve owned 3. The best one i’ve played is my current one, which is a mexican blonde standard. Very affordable and it’s rugged as hell. You could hammer nails with it, and it’ll stay in tune.
    That all being said, strats are cool too, just don’t hammer nails with one.

Pete66, TW4990, Alberta_Slim and 3 others like this.
  4. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Try them both... go from there!!!!.... l have two of each guitar!! love them!!

Flouswa and Charlie westside like this.
  5. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    Naw!!!! You just like STYLE;) That's a good thing. Dialing in a good tone and playing your heart out is what make a stylish guitar sound awesome.

Flouswa and Howard hughes like this.
  6. Howard hughes

Howard hughes Synchromatic

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    it's all in the finger man!

7. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    6F29704F-2FF0-4387-843E-01F6179D1622.jpeg 48C2190D-C390-4E0A-B046-18B874687911.jpeg 7C633C2A-84D2-4265-948E-65BE964FA382.jpeg
    Look into G&L. They have a bass cut and a treble cut knob on their version of the Strat (Legacy).
    BTW, I love my G&L ASAT semi-hollow. The pickups growl and twang with the best of ‘em. I also added a 4-way switch which adds to the versatility. Tele style guitars are pretty basic, which lends to easily getting great tone with minimal tweaking.

8. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    and whats with the naw thing? hahaha are you patronizing me because i am a complete moron? (i am) or do you just plain fancy me? (think you do) naw! he's so cute! naw! look at the special boy trying to get his opinions across but completely failing! haha i love you too bro, it's bromatic between us isn't it!?

9. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    love the headstock on that! similar to an epiphone comet? i like it! if they come in surf green i want one!

rockinforJesus likes this.
  10. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    oh! great taste in pickguard my friend yeeees! i was going to get one cut for my surf green tele, imagine this next to surf green, oh yeah! wildcat-yellow-harley-benton-custom-pickguard.JPG

11. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Country Gent

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    That’s hot stuff. Mine is just leopard duct tape from a craft store. I wanted to see how it’d look before i ordered better stuff to stick on, but now i kinda like it this way. Pretty trashy. I have zebra tape on my gretsch pick guard (see avatar pic).

Howard hughes likes this.
  12. jfassett

jfassett Gretschie

Dec 9, 2017
    Tucson
    Would you trade this for a jazzmaster in surf green? That's what haunts me, ha!

Attached Files:

Howard hughes likes this.
  13. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    hahaha thats what my girl said to me, well you are a bit trashy aint ya!

14. Howard hughes

Mar 22, 2018
    London
    it was either this or a squier jaguar actually haha i really made the right choice! Unbenannt.jpg

rockinforJesus, Flouswa and jfassett like this.
  15. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
  16. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    I agree with Henry here on the G&L . This is the one I bought from forum member @toddfan and I absolutely love it . Tele's are a great " workhorse " of a guitar too . I had reached out to forum member @TSims1 before this purchase and he had recommended to me the Baja Telecaster . Best bang for the buck he told me and he was right . I had the chance to play one at Guitar Center and really like the S-1 switching ( pull knob on the volume control ) Splits the pickups in different phases for differs sound / tone . Go check one out

Attached Files:

17. thunder58

thunder58 I Bleed Orange

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    oh , P.S. .... I'm now looking for an " ash tray " bridge cover for my G&L Tele . An accessory you may want to consider

rockinforJesus and Howard hughes like this.
  18. Charlie westside

Charlie westside Synchromatic

Jul 27, 2018
    Sylmar Califirnia
    lol!!! I just feel you man. When I got my Gretsch in July, Honestly, It was because of the way it looked. The black on silver was beautiful. Silver Body, Black appointments. I was smitten. I didn't expect it to sound so Awesome. As a matter of fact, 1st guitar I have allowed myself to buy without playing it first.

Attached Files:

19. johnny g

johnny g Synchromatic

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    This is my American standard telecaster. I did the build about 10 years ago. Body is southern swamp ash, neck in curly maple, Grover turners, vintage 64 pups and all American control parts.
    If you play the old classic country tunes you got to have one.

Attached Files:

20. Henry

Henry Gretschified

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Not crazy or superficial. My guitar selection process is looks, feel, then sound. All 3 are important to me, but there's not point in listening to a guitar I don't want to look at.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice