Join Gretsch-Talk Today

For Sale TECH 21 U.S.METAL Character series sansamp - Australia only

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by audept, Nov 21, 2017.

1. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    For Sale: TECH 21 U.S.METAL brand new in box AUD$220 FREE SHIPPING in Australia!

U S METAL 005.JPG

The TECH 21 Character Series pedals take their mojo from the most respected amp tones on both sides of the Atlantic. These pedals don’t just have a single character, they have the whole cast, plot and curtain call.

The Level and Drive controls work like a traditional, well-equipped amp. Low, Mid and High, however, are active, providing a wider array of tonal possibilities. Then there's the Character knob, which is something quite unique. This continuously-variable control moves seamlessly between different model voicings, covering vintage, high-gain and face-melting lead tones. The Character and Mid controls, and the speaker emulations, are all engineered to personify the specific amplifier traits and speakers associated with each amplifier type. Put simply, TECH 21 has crammed the entire lineage of each amp style into a funky little box.

U.S. Metal
    The U.S. Metal clearly borrows its inspiration from a Mesa/Boogie Dual or Triple Rectifier. Much like the Recto series, the U.S. Steel’s real strength lies in heavier music. The tone controls are voiced as follows: Mid at 450 Hz, Low at 125 Hz, and High at around 3.2 kHz. You can boost or cut these frequencies by 12 dB. The Character knob adds thickness to the Drive control settings, but also brightens up the sound—an effect that gets more pronounced as you turn the knob clockwise. The Speaker Simulation button mimics a Celestion-loaded speaker cabinet. You can’t be too literal about this, as it’s an emulation circuit, but it does a fine job of getting your tone in that ballpark when you’re going direct into a mixer or computer interface.

Mesa/Boogie’s Rectifier amps have always worked really well for metal, and they particularly excel in the rhythm department. No doubt, there are legions of fans of this tone, which is why we’ve heard it on so many records. The U.S. Metal doesn’t disappoint in this respect—in fact, it covers it in spades.

The Final Mojo
    If you’re after a mammoth, Recto-inspired sound but have to record direct, you could easily track with the U.S. Steel and few listeners would be the wiser. The pedal delivers an effective plug-and-play tone that effortlessly channels the spirit of the American metal amp.

2. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  3. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Friday, another chance to buy day!

4. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Saturday bump!

5. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Hey not many metal players on this forum hehehe.
    I doubt you're a Metallica fan so why did you buy this baby yourself ?

6. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I acquired one of every Character Series pedal that TECH 21 made. I don't need them all.
    BTW, I quite like Metallica and I toured with them in Australia years ago.

7. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  8. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    ok but do you play any metal guitar ?

9. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    No, not one of my favorite genres to play although I've mixed a fair bit of it. The gradually creeping arthritis is putting paid to any dreams of shredding.....:(

10. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Monday and it's still here! Make me an offer!

11. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  12. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  13. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Thursday bump!

14. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Friday, another chance to buy day!

15. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I love Metallica!
    my favorite song.. FUEL!

16. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I had to go into the mosh pit during a Metallica concert to fix a sub-bass speaker that was intermittent. That is one crazy place!

17. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
  18. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    bump for Sunday!

19. audept

audept I Bleed Orange

Dec 1, 2010