Join Gretsch-Talk Today

TC Electronic / Behringer on a budget?

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Wulfgang, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    So, what's your guys opinions on the budget retro pedals that have come out recently? Great for starting garage bands? Nothing to see here, just the same old same old Behringer housed in a new box, or something to consider for the starving artist ? Just go with the tone print series? I would like to try the 3rd dimension chorus for fun.

2. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    ....... man I love that Chorus

3. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    E42D19C3-D1EF-4CAE-B97E-0B6FAD7F572C.jpeg I use a Behringer tremolo pedal.
    It’s sounds great was very cheap to buy..

loudnlousy, thunder58 and Wulfgang like this.
  4. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Great video! The one time I had to borrow a Behringer delay pedal because some unnamed sound person spilled beer on my delay.. Didn't help much anyways as I forgot how to even play the end of the song lol. I think I might be sold on the tc 3rd dimension pedal if I like what I hear in the store.

loudnlousy and Trash Kidd like this.
  5. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    Cool video ... Strap on Halo.. cool sound..

Wulfgang likes this.
  6. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    Ahh thanks your to kind! Fan made youtube videos are the best flattery, but they always seem to catch me when I'm at my worst lol. I had a great time playing the slimelight in London & The Library pub in Leeds in 2016. Hope to comeback someday soon.

Trash Kidd likes this.
  7. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Country Gent

I love the sound of the 3rd Dimension Chorus! I remember trying to find a TC Tri-Chorus, but it seemed that no one was letting those go after it was discontinued. I may have to look into this one.

Wulfgang likes this.
  8. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    With the ability to mix all 4 buttons to have a total of 16 sounds has me interested. Didn't get that on the old boss pedal. I wonder what they are going to do with this?

9. Jet_streamliner

Jet_streamliner Gretschie

Nov 21, 2017
    Minnesota
    I own a TC Forcefield Compressor. It’s been fine. Sounds great, especially at the low price point.

10. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    I usually like what Ryan has to say in his reviews, this is one of those times!

thunder58 likes this.
  11. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Budget pedals are great. I have a bunch of Donner's mini-pedals and regular size from Amazon. Sound great, don't break the bank either.

12. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Hildesheim, Germany
    Somehow chorus sounds so much 80ies to me. I really try to avoid it nowadays.
    It is like a little flashback to my ears (and I still like what I hear:eek:).

13. Wulfgang

Wulfgang Synchromatic

May 22, 2009
    Seattle WA./Omaha NE
    The 3rd D sounds great on bass to.

14. Willie D

Willie D Gretschie

Feb 11, 2018
    Seattle, WA
    I've got to try out the Drip.
    I do love surf reverb.

15. stevo

stevo Country Gent

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I just like hearing Tore's voice.

This is a remake of the Boss DC-2 Dimension chorus, no? Ironic that it's the "3rd" in the line, clever homage. TC Electronic has a knack for making quality stuff from my experience, even the lower priced stuff.

If they would just add a mix knob to the button chorus...

16. kjmac

kjmac Electromatic

Mar 7, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I've got 4 Behringer pedals and have no complaints. I believe the most I paid was about $27.00. I would avoid any of the plastic Danelectro pedals. I once bought a Fish and Chips graphic EQ and it lasted me about a month. I think I used it three times before the switch stuck in the on position and the actual switch is soldered directly to the pc board so it was a throw away.

Not everyone can afford a couple grand to fill up their pedal boards.

thunder58 likes this.
  17. Aymara

Aymara Friend of Fred

Jul 6, 2013
    Germany
    A chorus with only presets and that also sounds tinny ... no, Boss instead, all the way, sorry.

But that Gauss looks interesting.

18. thunder58

thunder58 Gretschified

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Oh you bet on a few grand . I just got a Biyang Phase from cheaper pedals .com . I think it was also around $27 or something like that . Love the sound I get from it

19. wildeman

wildeman Friend of Fred

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I've had a couple winner's from Tom Sline, the Dumbler O.D. is killer and my friend just gave me a Firecream fuzz that sounds like a Bigmuff Pi.
    I've also had some stinkers, the Ocean Verb reverb was hilariously awful and the silicon fuzz sounded great by itself but like a dying wasp on my board.

20. Robbie

Robbie Country Gent

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    I keep a Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent OD and while I'm not a pedal guy it's the OD I almost always go to when I'm going to need one.